Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

project navigator default ON

A_K_3
Beginner

Is there a way to open with only Welcome window when vtune opens for the first time? I don't find the project navigator tree on LHS to be very useful and would like it to not show up if possible. I tried View--> options on RHS options menu but they don't persist if I close vtune and re-open it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shailen_Sobhee
Employee

Hello AK,

A method to control the views at each start-up can be a feature request. However, just out of curiosity, why is the Project Navigator not useful?

I particularly find it very useful to manage the various collections from various software which I categorized as projects. Is there any way that the Project Navigator does not meet your expectations?

Regards,

Shailen

0 Kudos
A_K_3
Beginner

Shailen,

I find it very useful. However I don't want it ON all the time. It becomes a problem when the number of projects it has to load is high. For example, I have all of my vtune projects in a single directory (c:\work\vtune_logs for example). So each time vtune opens up it attempt to show me all those projects in tree view. At times I have to wait several seconds before I can interact with the UI, since tree view still isn't done populating all those projects.

I have tried clicking on the recent runs in the main window during the tree updating, and it doesnt do anything. It would be useful if vtune UI would not stop listening to events as it is trying to load up / show the tree view -- if it does that in the background, while still giving me control of the main UI, so I can open up projects or whatever, that will help as well.

0 Kudos
Shailen_Sobhee
Employee

Hello A.K,

This makes sense. Let me provide this feedback to the engineering team so we can improve the UI :)

Thanks,

Shailen.

0 Kudos