Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

"hardware Issues" viewpoint's equivalent in command line

rahultiwary
Beginner
I want to collect data for CPI, LLC miss, instruction starvation and branch missprediction which in GUI comes under general-exploration under "hardware Issues" viewpoint. I want to know what I can use in amplxe-cl command to get those values??
Any help is appriciated.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

See below example:

C:\temp>"\Program Files (x86)\Intel\VTune Amplifier XE 2011\amplxe-vars.bat"
Copyright (C) 2009-2012 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 (build 221625)

C:\temp>amplxe-cl -collect-list ; find all existing analysis types

C:\temp>amplxe-cl -collect snb-general-exploration -- application ; I work on snb processor

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
rahultiwary
Beginner
Thanks for reply.
But What I wanted to know was the command to get the values of cpi,LLC miss,instruction starvation and branch mispredict after I run
C:\temp>amplxe-cl -collect core2_general-exploration -- application ; I work on core2 processor
which I can see in gui mode through "hardware issues" view point after I run the analysis called general-exploration.
Generally after "amplxe-cl -collect"t we run "amplxe-cl -report" to get the values,but I didn't find "hardware issues" equivalent in report.
Regards,
Rahul
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
If you open result in command line, such as "amplxe-cl -report hw-events -r r001ge" -exclude"hardware issuses" (e.g CPI value)in output, only all event counts. The users should use formulas to calculate eventcounts by themselves. The benefits from using VTune GUI are: 1) VTune will docalculatingwhen using predefined analysis type. 2)If the resultsexceed threshold (VTune defined), alert them with "pink" color in GUI report.

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos