Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4993 Discussions

sharing intel inspector results with external collaborators

Nichols_R_
Beginner

Hi,

My question pertains to the static analyzer in particular, but also relevant to the thread or memory checker.

I work on a very large scientific code with a number of collaborators at other institutions (national laboratories, universities, etc.). Many of them do not have access to the Intel Inspector. How can I disseminate the results of the code analysis to my collaborators in an intelligible format? The output looks like XML, is there some universal Java reader that is free available, or something that can generate a PDF report.

Thanks in advance.

Nichols A. Romero, Ph.D.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

First at all, you need to use Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE product license to collect data and display report.

Intel Composer XE is responsible to do static security analysis, and generate the result.

Intel Inspector XE is responsible to display result, now current product can generate report in three formats: text, csv, xml - I don't know if there is any tool to convert these files to new format, e.g. PDF file format you require.

0 Kudos
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee

Nichols,

If you need to share particular problems with your colleagues (not complete result) text-based problem reports maybe useful - see the screenshot attached. 

0 Kudos