i met some problems when i use vtune to profile program performance.
i profile hotspots on linux and analyse on windows, but the symbols in dynamic library can not be shown.
i have gcc -g option and i am sure that dynamic library has program symbols.
my vtune cmd is "/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2013/bin64/amplxe-cl -c hotspots -start-paused -resume-after=60000 -duration=120 "
i use 2013 update 4. and trying 2011 update 7 also can not show symbols
what can i do???
My comments are:
1. You have to use same XE 2013 version on both Windows and Linux.
2. If you added "-g" option to build dynamic libraries, please don't use static link mode to generate.
3. On linux, observe if there is warning message about your dynamic module - symbol can not be located? Try amplxe-gui on Linux first.
4. If your binary is updated, but perormance result is old - try re-finalize again, such as "amplxe-cl -finalize --search-dir all:rp=binary-dir -r result-dir"
5. You also can do point 4 on Windows, if you copied binary from Linux to Windows.