Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
492 Discussions

A730m - What is the latestb V-bios / Firmware number?

NucX15Owner
New Contributor I

Hi,

Quick one. I'm unsure whether my A730m is successfully receiving firmware updates. 

Can you please advise the latest IFWI (V-Bios) designation please so I can check?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
karen_intel

Hey @NucX15Owner thank you for your submission

The v-BIOS version for ARC products should be v.1053 (Click on GEAR > System Info > Hardware > vBIOS version)

If you have v.1049 that's also fine.

FYI automatic FW updates for ARC products are currently disabled. Our development team is working on it already

Karen

0 Kudos
NucX15Owner
New Contributor I

Hi @karen_intel ,

I have the V-Bios 20.1051.0 and am running the latest 31.0.101.4514 drivers. That ok? I believe it was updated via a BIOS update.

Is there any expected improvement in performance, or better integration with the newer drivers, with the latest 1053 V-Bios? 

Also, can you please confirm whether there's any plans to enable undervolting / power reduction in the mobile series Arc graphics? It'd be great to look at for temp management. I don't want to overclock, only improve energy efficiency / temp performance.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
karen_intel

Hi @NucX15Owner 

1. Yes, v.1051is fine FW updates have several patches and integrations. We're also improving our release notes so you can see changes that were made 

2. We have had other user asking for these improvements, which have been communicated to the ARC Control dev team and we will see some improvements too!

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you, thank you for reaching Intel Game Dev support

Have a great day!

Karen

0 Kudos
NucX15Owner
New Contributor I

Hi @karen_intel ,

Brilliant and thank you for your awesome help here. Good to know re the FW / driver and driver update notes. 

Re point 2: WONDERFUL. Being able to add an undervolt (stability permitting), manage power limits within reason and then even reduce the dGPU t-max, would significantly improve my overall satisfaction with the a730m, as well as the intel nuc laptop in general. Reason being, the i7-12700h is locked in a thin chassis with limited thermal management options, so having at least one undervolt option could meaningfully improve the user experience.  Especially for gaming. 

Have a top week! 

0 Kudos