Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
486 Discussions

Do anyone know how to control intel graphic driver to adjust LCD brightness

andy-ho
Beginner

Hello,

Do anyone know how to control intel graphic driver to adjust LCD brightness? like the Control pannel application of INTEL Extreme II driver(igfxxxx), user can adjust the brightness.I have download the mobile SDK from here (Thanks) and run the sample on my notebook, but the Brightness property always return false, i also try to trace the igfxsrc.dll and want to send command to it, but i dont know what the command should be.

Hope anyone can answer it.

B,R

0 Kudos
8 Replies
andy-ho
Beginner

Hello,

Do anyone know how to control intel graphic driver to adjust LCD brightness? like the Control pannel application of INTEL Extreme II driver(igfxxxx), user can adjust the brightness.I have download the mobile SDK from here (Thanks) and run the sample on my notebook, but the Brightness property always return false, i also try to trace the igfxsrc.dll and want to send command to it, but i dont know what the command should be.

Hope anyone can answer it.

B,R

0 Kudos
James_M_Intel1
Employee

B.R.,

Thanks for your post. At this time, the Intel Mobile Platform SDK provides the APIs, it doesn't yet have a "Provider" that supports the ability to dim the LCD panel. Research is being done on this feature and itmay be released in a future release.

0 Kudos
andy-ho
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I think it's LCD independent method to control LCD brightness, Because we can control LCD brightness by Start->Control Panel->INTEL Extreme Graphic 2 M->Color Adjust->Brightness (range -60~100)

Originally i found the igfxsrv.dll handle those action, but i can't find a way to control it, then i found INTEL Mobile SDK, this provide a parameter to control brightness though the library(But alwaysreturn fail at if ( !pMyDisplayAdapterInstance->Brightness.IsNull() )

Since igfxcfg can control LCD brightness, i think it must be having a method to control it, I don't know how the mobile library detect/control the LCD brightness, but INTEL extremeII driver could.

Our customer ask us to control LCD brightness for them to use our product in the dark night,isn't it a faster way to control LCD brightness via igfx or mobile SDK?

Still waiting a solution,

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
James_M_Intel1
Employee
As mentioned above, The Intel Mobile Platform SDK doesn't currently have the ability to control the brightness os it won't be a fast way of resolving your issue. I'm not familiar with the details of igfx. Hopefully one of the other readers is. Best of luck with you project.
0 Kudos
andy-ho
Beginner
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Bin_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi B.R.

The Intel Mobile Platform SDK also has a provider plug-in mechanism to add new implementation under the same client API. Actually we have enabled brightness adjustment on XP and will release with the next package in couples of weeks.

We don't use igfx (not familiar) but it can be another provider implementation, I think. So user applicationswill always call the same API and don't change frequently.

-----------------

Bin Zhu

0 Kudos
newmore
Beginner
Hi,

Do you have some sample code for it? or have some links?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
obaid_ahmed
Beginner
100% agreed with you!
0 Kudos