I just noticed that the GL_INTEL_map_texture OpenGL extension, specifically, glMapTexture2DINTEL() returns null with the newly released driver v15.31 (22.214.171.124.3071).
I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or has a work around. The Map/Unmap functions are otherwise straight forward to use and perform well.
The extension string 'GL_INTEL_map_texture' is present as are the proceedure addresses.
glGetError() return GL_INVALID_OPERATION after calling glMapTexture2DINTEL()
While Intel has not admitted a driver bug or provided an estimated time to fix, I did receive an email with a workaround.
The workaround is to use RGBA16 instead of RGBA8 or other texture formats. This does work, however it somewhat defeats the purpose as I must pass and convert much more data than needed. The purpose of the extension was to speed texture uploads.
Edit: The new driver 126.96.36.199.3165 (188.8.131.5265) does not resolve this issue.