Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

Two screens, D3DERR_DEVICELOST, TestCooperativeLevel

jensmose
Beginner
I make a windowed DirectX application, DirectX version 9.0c, on a system with a Intel GME 965 chipset, Intel Embedded Driver version 9.0 build 1203. I run Windows XP.
Now I want to use extended desktop with 2 screens. If I extend my desktop while I run my application I get a
D3DERR_DEVICELOST after Preset. When I then use TestCooperativeLevel I keep getting D3DERR_DEVICELOST.
I never responds D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET so I can reset the device.
Does someone have an idea of what I do wrong.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lanyardpass
Novice
Quoting - jensmose
I make a windowed DirectX application, DirectX version 9.0c, on a system with a Intel GME 965 chipset, Intel Embedded Driver version 9.0 build 1203. I run Windows XP.
Now I want to use extended desktop with 2 screens. If I extend my desktop while I run my application I get a
D3DERR_DEVICELOST after Preset. When I then use TestCooperativeLevel I keep getting D3DERR_DEVICELOST.

i would double check that i dont think you can do what your saying here by useing JUST a swap chain extended or not

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
delacy__david
Beginner
Quoting - jensmose

which display are you trying to use?
xp will only let you render the the primary display when you are in extended desktop

0 Kudos
jensmose
Beginner
Quoting - beerandcandy

which display are you trying to use?
xp will only let you render the the primary display when you are in extended desktop

I want to make a copy of the image that I show on the primary screen in a new window on the secondary screen.
I can do that if I make two swap chains on the same device or if I make two devices.
It works fine in either way. What is fastest depend on the system.

But want I wonder is why I never get a device lost when the desktop is extended.
I have to close the device completely and make a new device.
0 Kudos
lanyardpass
Novice
Quoting - jensmose

i would double check that i dont think you can do what your saying here by useing JUST a swap chain extended or not
0 Kudos