Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
852 Discussions

EEUPDATE64e: Unable to initialize adapter code c86a2002 (Winx64)

crash1
Novice

We have been using 64-bit version of EEUPDATE to program Mac addresses in our Intel i210-IS controllers. We haven't had any problems with the programming mac address on the chip but for a new batch of boards we started getting errors. The tools we used is no longer able to connect with the i210-IS controller chip.

I have attached a screenshot of the error we get when we try to program the MAC address.

Untitled.png

We haven't introduced any board changes.

Could anyone please explain what the error c86a2002 is and how we can fix this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @crash1:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You should use the latest version of the tool related to the reported situation.

This suggestion may help to solve the inconvenience.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.  

0 Kudos
crash1
Novice

Hi @CarlosAM_INTEL,

I don't have access to those tools. One of the managers in my company previously had access but his account his not working anymore. Could you please help me on how I can gain access to those tools?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @crash1:

Thanks for your update.

Reviewing the profile of the email associated with this account, we found that it is standard.

Due to this fact,  you need to update your account to the premier option to help you. You should fill out the form stated on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/developer/premier-registration.html

The way to receive support if there are problems with your account should be provided in the Site Support or Nontechnical Questions section of the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/get-help/overview.html 

You should use a business email address to evade any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such as the ones provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or others).

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
crash1
Novice

Hi @CarlosAM_INTEL,

Thanks for those links. I have signed up for the premier option. I also could use your help with this,

the i210-IS chips we procured have the following information on it's packaging (Image Attached)

Line 1: i©12

Line 2: 2142BHP

Line3: WGI210AS (e3)

Line 4: I

crash1_0-1664514067018.png

The EEUPDATE64e tool we are using is version 5.35.33.04.

What I would like to know is if there any way of knowing when the i210-IS chip was manufactured (based on the above info) and if are we using the right version of EEUPDATE64e to program this?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @crash1:

Thanks for your update.

We sent an email to the address associated with this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
crash1
Novice

HI @CarlosAM_INTEL ,

I tried the updated EEUPDATE64e tools and we are still getting the errors. Could you please tell me how do I get Intel's support on this? And could you please describe what the error code, c86a2002  actually is?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @crash1:

Thanks for your reply.

Please follow the suggestions provided in the email sent to you to the email address related to this account which may help to solve the reported inconveniences.

Best regards

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos