Beginner

Please provide the EeepromAccessTool and the hex file for i210

thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Fariz_Intel
Employee

Hi chris2ferz,

It seems like you have an issue with the Intel I210 Gigabit controller. We have a forum dedicated to these specific issues, and we are moving it to the Embedded Connectivity Forum so that it can get answered promptly.

Best regards,

Fariz_Intel

0 Kudos
chris2ferz
Beginner
I got the flash tools and it appears I just need a NVM image to write in the 21kb space. It detects as 1533 now but can't change the MAC from all zeros
0 Kudos
Diego_INTEL

Hello @chris2ferz,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

As I mentioned in the other post, you can apply for a Premier account or ask to an Intel Sales Representative near your zone to get access to the following documents that are what you need.

#572162 - EEPROM Access Tool [EAT].

#513655 - Intel® Ethernet Controller I210 and I211- AT Production NVM Images

How to Apply for an Intel® Resource and Documentation Center (RDC) and/or Intel® Developer Zone (Intel® DevZone) Account:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058073/programs/resource-and-documentation-center.html

Distributor Partners:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/showcase/partner-directory/distributor.html

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos
chris2ferz
Beginner
I will check into that.
Are any of these tools able to unlock the otp? I accidentally locked it trying to figure this out and it won't unlock now.
0 Kudos
Diego_INTEL
0 Kudos
chris2ferz
Beginner

if i have a blank invm and can flash a valid image to it will that unlock the OTP or is that another process?

0 Kudos
Diego_INTEL

Hello @chris2ferz,

I understand that if you have a blank device, you can put the iNVM, but once the image is flashed, it will have a lock mechanism to prevent any tampering/retry of the iNVM programming.

The iNVM is similar to One Time Programmable (OTP) memory except that it allows for a limited number of modifications and corrections after initial programming.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos
chris2ferz
Beginner

if a valid image is flashed is there a way to set a new mac address if OTP is locked?

that is the main issue - 

0 Kudos
Diego_INTEL

Hello @chris2ferz,

If the device has been programmed before and it has a MAC address that is not the default one, then you won't be able to change it even with the EEPROM Access Tool.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos