Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

I210 : Device driver

chandru
Beginner

Capture.PNGHi,

we are using i210CS device in our custom board. and now i am validating this device using windows 10, We are able to detect device with Hardwre lde(PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1531&SUBSYS_00008086&REV_03) but i am not able to install device driver. please any one support for install device driver for Ethernet controller

Thanks and Regards

chandrashekara

0 Kudos
38 Replies
chandru
Beginner

Hi Mæcenas,

Thanks for quick response

in our custom board for i210cs part Copper to PCIe interface is there with 8Mb Flash part MX25V8035F

now i210 Blank NVM Device(Device ID-1531 and Vendor ID 8086). How to program using Lancof or eeupdate tool ?

if any procedure is there please let me know

Thanks and Regards

Chandrashekara

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @chandru​:

We suggest you review the information of the Flash Write Enable (FWE) Control bits stated on page 80 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210 Datasheet document # 333016? This document can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/i210-ethernet-controller-datasheet.pdf

On the other hand,  the information stated in the Intel(R) LANConf User Manual and EEUpdate.txt files included in the DOCS file of the Intel(R) Network Connections Tools 24.0 PV LAN Software Tools document # 348742 may answer your last question.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
chandru
Beginner

Hi Mæcenas,

successfully write the NVM,

my configuration is for 0x1533 - I210 10/100/1000 Mb/s Ethernet controller, copper only

when i am using ethtool enss33

it is showing Supported ports: [Fiber] !!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it must be MII

Please find attachment Screenshot from 2019-12-20 11-29-01.pngScreenshot from 2019-12-20 11-25-55.png

Thanks and Regards

Chandrashekara

0 Kudos
chandru
Beginner

Hi Mæcenas

How to change serdes to Mii port ????

Thanks​ and Regards

Chandrashekara​

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @chandru​:

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please tell us the meaning of the therm "Mii port"?

In case that you refer to SGMII, please refer to the answer of the questions 2.16, 2.22, and 2.30; on pages 8, 9, 10 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210/I211 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs] document # 335346. Also, the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210 and I211-AT: Production NVM Images document # 513655, specifically the SGMII ones may help you. These documents can be found when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account at the following websites:

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/335346.htm

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/513655.htm

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update request or report any inconveniences with the provided sites. It can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/design/contact-support.html

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
chandru
Beginner

Hi Mæcenas,

Yes, you are right 513655 is for SGMII

but i am working on Copper interface, PC having one more RJ45, for that when i am using ethtool , i am getting Mii port

for your information: i210cs with internal phy (Ethernet (RJ45) to PCIe)

To flash this one what i need to be done?

with LANConf tool in SV menu, not able to set link mode to Copper, by default it is taking SerDes

Thanks and Regards

Chandrashekara

0 Kudos
chandru
Beginner

Hi Mæcenas,

Actually we ordered wrong part previously !!!

we are working on i210IT. Schematic review done with intel TNT Design Review Services.

Original part number WGI210IT S LJXT

WGI210IT S_LJXT.jpg

for this device which image has to be flash please guide us

Thanks and Regards

Chandrashekara

0 Kudos
chandru
Beginner

Hi Mæcenas,

Eagerly waiting for replay

Thanks and Regards

Chandrashekara

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @chandru​:

Thanks for your updates.

We have reviewed your communication of the past January 3th, 2020; could you please clarify if your consultations are related to the WGI210AT or WGI210IT part number? Because the part number stated in the description is different that the showed in the attached picture.

Waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
chandru
Beginner

Hi Mæcenas,

Ordered part WGI210IT S LJXT for industrial grade component

I think both are same

WGI210AT indicates commercial grade part and WGI210IT indicate Industrial grade part, is it correct ?

Or we received any wrong part ?

Thanks and Regards

Chandrashekara

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @chandru​:

Thanks for your clarification.

You are correct, please refer to the information stated on page 3 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210 Enhances Network Connectivity: Product Brief document #327935 that can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/networking/i210-ethernet-controller-family-brief.html

On the other hand, the proper image to program any i210 Controller should be selected by the connection, protocol, flash size, and expansion ROM. You can find the list of the cited characteristics of each image on page 3 of the release note included in the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210 and I211-AT: Production NVM Images document # 513655. It can be found when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account at the following website:

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/513655.htm 

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update request or solve any inconvenience with the cited website. It can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/design/contact-support.html

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
chandru
Beginner

Hi Mæcenas,

Now i am able to detect the card and link established

Validated 10 Mbps and 100 Mbps speed, but when i select 1000 Mbps, link is not establishing !!!

what will be the problem ?

for your information i am using cross cable

Thanks and Regards

Chandrashekara

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @chandru​:

Thanks for your update.

Could you please give more details of the cross cable and the way to determine this inconvenience (such tools , Operating System, equipment, and others associate to this condition)?

We are waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
chandru
Beginner

Hi Mæcenas,

• On Host PC having our Custom board PCIe to Ethernet card
  • Host PC having windows 7 64bit Operating system
  • Attached host PC System information
  • On User side if we set 1Gbps Speed link is established
  • If Host side if we set to 1Gbps Speed link is not establishing 

CAT5E Cross cable connection details

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Thanks and Regards

Chandrashekara

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @chandru​:

Thanks for your clarification.

Could you please install the driver stated in the following website to the host PC, once it will be installed try to reproduce the inconvenience, and let us know the results?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18713/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-

In case that there is other PCIe NIC card in the host PC, could you please disable its NC-SI interface, once it is disabled try to reproduce the inconvenience and let us know the outcomes of this change?

We are waiting for your reply to these questions.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
chandru
Beginner

Hi Mæcenas,

Now we are able to establish link and we validated 10Mbps, 100 Mbps and 1000Mbps

But for 1000 Mbps bandwidth we are getting 560Mbps , How to increase bandwidth ?

Thanks and Regards

Chandrashekara

0 Kudos
chandru
Beginner

Hi Mæcenas,

Thank you for your support

we validated 1000Mbps bandwidth. Now we are getting almost 900 Mbps . problem is with our host PC having both windows and Linux

we changed system it works

Now we are planing to validate with ZCU102 board. ZCU102 evaluation board having Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC part number xczu9eg-ffvb1156-2-e

Whether we can validate I210IT device in MPSoC processor ? and which driver we have to use ?

Thanks and Regards

Chandrashekara

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @chandru​:

Thanks for your updates.

The i210 should work with just about any processor that supports a PCI bus. 

On the other hand, the driver used is Operating System (OS) specific.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​. 

0 Kudos