Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
845 Discussions

Link problem i210IT with Broadcom Switch

MartinNeumaier
Beginner

We sometimes have a problem to establish a 100MBit Link with a Broadcom BCM53128 switch with short Cat6 cables <10 ft. Cat5e cables are OK, CAT6 over 10 ft are OK too. 

Compliance tests show, that the ANSI 9.1.2.2 (UTP DOV Base to Upper/Lower) Signal level test is slightly over the 1.05V limit.

Is is possible to reduce the signal level in the i210 registers?

Lines between controller and magnetic are just 0.45 inch long. Maybe this is the problem, but we can't extend them.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @MartinNeumaier:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Based on your previous communication, we want to address the following questions:

Could you please clarify if the design related to this situation has been designed by you or by a third-party company?

Could you please let us know in case it is a third-party design the name of the manufacturer, model, and where to find the information related to the affected design?

Could you please list the sources that you used to implement the affected design and if it has been verified by Intel?

We are waiting for your answer to these questions.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
MartinNeumaier
Beginner

Hello Carlos

It is our own design and I'm not sure if it was verified by Intel since it is rather old.

I've attached the schematic to the message. We made the design according to the reference design (Intel Doc. Number 490115)

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @MartinNeumaier:

Thanks for your reply.

We sent an email to the address related to this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos