Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

i210 SerDes info request.

PPast3
Novice

Hi

I'm trying to utilize the SERDES interface of the Intel i210IS Ethernet Controller in 1000BASE-BX mode to interconnect to the SERDES interface of a Marvell 88E6176 Ethernet Switch. The 88E6176 has current-mode logic (CML) type drivers/receivers but I can't determine from the i210IS data sheet what type of drivers/receivers it has on the SERDES interface. Does anyone know if the i210 SERDES interface is CML, LVDS or other?

Thanks,

Pawel

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Pawel,

Welcome back to the Intel Embedded Community.

We are checking your case and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Gabriel Thomas

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Here is another thread to watch that you might find interesting: /message/13351?et=watches.email.thread# 13351 https://embedded.communities.intel.com/message/13351?et=watches.email.thread# 13351. LynnZ

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello Pawel,

Thank you for contacting the Embedded Design Community.

Could you please confirm if this condition happens with the Marvell 88E1111 or 88E1112 part instead of the Marvell 88E6176 that are currently using?

Please keep in mind that you should use a SGMII image on the i210.

Thanks in advance for your collaboration to solve this inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos
PPast3
Novice

Hi Carlos,

Can you point me to person who can answer the question, since i notice this is the same response you are give out to other threads. We have a embedded device that uses the i210 device in SerDes mode connect to Marvel 88E6176 switch in SerDes and we are looking clerification on the datasheets.

Pawel

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello Pawel,

Thanks for your reply.

The Marvell 88E6176 is a switch; you should probably be using the SERDES KX image. That is what is normally used to communicate with a switch.

Please let us know if this information is useful to you.

Best Regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos
PPast3
Novice

Hi Carlos,

Yes we are using the SERDES KX Image, but i'm was looking for clerification on the SerDes if its interface is CML, LVDS or other.

Additionally i am still looking to get eepromTool for ARM. Can you please provide this?

Regards,

Pawel

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello Pawel,

Thanks for your reply.

The i210 runs in LVDS mode.

On the other hand, we will send you an email to help you with your request.

Please let us know if this information is useful to you.

Best Regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos