Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

i210 and SFP

AMamo1
Novice

Hello! I'm trying to use WGI210IS with SFP and I have a problem with it.

If the sequence of actions is:

1. Insert SFP-module into socket.

2. Power system on.

3. Load ethernet driver.

In this case everything works fine.

But, if the sequence of actions is:

1. Turn system on.

2. Insert SFP-module into socket while system is running.

3. Load ethernet driver.

In this case driver starts ok but connection does not establish, i210 does not see link.

The thing is that we need second scenario working, because we need to support SFP hot swap. How can I get WGI210IS to work with SFP hot plugged?

I'm using custom board, QNX 6.5SP1 with devnp-e1000.so driver, Dev_Start_I210_Sgmii_NOMNG_8Mb_A2_3.25_0.03.bin EEPROM image and Avago ABCU-5730RZ (1000BASE-T) SFP-module.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, AlexMamonov:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, could you please confirm if the affected design has been developed by you or a third party company? If it is a third party design, please give us all the information related to it.

In case that it has been designed by you, could you please tell us if it has been implemented based on the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/networking/ethernet-controller-i210-i211-family-documentation.html Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210 Documentation? Also, could you please confirm if it has been reviewed by Intel?

Please let us know this information to have a better idea of this condition and find the information that may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
AMamo1
Novice

Hello, Carlos_A

The design is ours. Yes, it has been implemented based on I210 documetation. No, it has not been reviewed by Intel, but I can provide you with schematics or its parts if needed.

Best regards, Alex.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, AlexMamonov:

We really appreciate your update.

In case that you want to send your schematic and/or layout implementation to be reviewed please follow the steps stated at the https://edc.intel.com/Tools/Design-Review/Default.aspx?language=en Design Review Services website.

We hope that this information may help you to solve this inconvenience.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos