Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware and drivers.

i210 in system programming

DanielGoertzen
Beginner

We've designed the i210 into a product and we would like to do in-system programming of the i210's flash memory from Linux.  I understand that tools for this are available through the "Premier Account", but we've been trying to get access for over 2 months to no avail.  So my questions are:

1. Is the "Premier Account" in fact what I need to get i210 programming tools?

2. Are there alternatives to these tools?  For example, I've seen other ethernet ICs programmed with "ethtool"; can that be done for the i210?

Thanks,

Dan.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Crisselle_Intel

Hello Dan, 

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Since your query involves customized board, please be informed that this will be best answered by our Embedded Connectivity Support team. We will help you to move this post to the designated team for further assistance. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Ethernet support team.

May you have an amazing day!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @DanielGoertzen:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

The information used to answer questions 2.14, 2.15, and 2.16; on page 8 of the  Intel® Ethernet Controller I210/I211
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document # 335346 may answer your last question. You can find the cited document at the following website:

https://cdrdv2-public.intel.com/334026/ethernet-controller-i210-i211-faq.pdf 

Based on the cited information, the documents and tools listed are accessible when you have a premier account, as you mentioned.

You need to update your profile to the premier option to help you. You should fill out the form stated on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/developer/premier-registration.html 

You should use a business email address to evade any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such as the one provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or others).

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.