Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics

ADL-N CRB not booting

Omar34
Novice

Hello, I have an Intel ADL-N CRB that I am using for developing on ADL-N x7211e and ADL-N x7425e SoCs.

I have followed the getting started guide however the platform is not booting. I can see from a logic analyser capture of the SPI Flash chip that the SoC is reading some of the flash contents but then it stops half way through.

Can you please provide the flash chip binary file to be programmed onto the board so I can ensure that the flash is correct for this SoC.

Can you also please confirm that the ADL-N CRB is expected to work with the x7211e and x7425e SoCs.

Thanks,

Omar

1 Solution
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Omar34:

Thanks for your reply.

The document that may help you is the second one listed on page 6 of the mentioned Getting Started Guide.

Once you access the suggested document,  please refer to the document number stated in the third column and first row on page 4.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Omar34:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We received your request but we need to address the following questions to understand this forum:

Could you please let us know the way that you follow to obtain the cited getting started guide? By the way, what is the document number of this document? 

Who provides you with the Customer Reference Board (CRB) related to this forum?

Could you please attach to this forum pictures of the top side markings of the CRB?

We are waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
Omar34
Novice

Hi @CarlosAM_INTEL,

The documentation was obtained from the Resources and Documentation portal, I have Developer Zone Premier access. 

The relating documents are the Getting Started Guide 732681–2.1 and the User Guide 732682–2.1

The CRB was obtained from AAEON as a retailer, the SoCs themselves were provided by our Intel distributor in Europe.

Photos of the top markings are attached.

Thanks,

Omar 

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Omar34:

Thanks for your reply.

The document that may help you is the second one listed on page 6 of the mentioned Getting Started Guide.

Once you access the suggested document,  please refer to the document number stated in the third column and first row on page 4.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Omar34
Novice

Hi @CarlosAM_INTEL,

Thank you for the help. I have found the documents you referenced and have now successfully booted the CRB.

0 Kudos