Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

Atom E3800 inbound PCI write to memory

JHann
Beginner

Is it possible to map Atom E3800 (E3825) system memory to PCI memory space? I don't see anything in the Datasheet to support this.

I have a peripheral card on the PCI side of a PCI Express to PCI bridge that will initiate DMA transfers to PCI. I was hoping to initialize a BAR and remap so that these DMA writes target E3825 RAM.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, JTH :

Thanks for your clarification.

We would like to help you with your third-party project but you should address as a reference your consultations related to it at the http://iotforum.advantech.com/ Advantech IoT Developer Forum to receive the proper support.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, JTH :

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to better understand your consultation, could you please tell us the document number and version of the datasheet that you have mentioned? By the way, could you please tell us if the design has been developed by you or a third party company? In case that it is a third party design, could you please give us all the information related to it?

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
JHann
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

The Datasheet is Document Number 538136, Rev 4.2.

We are using an Advantech PCM-3365 SBC. The SBC has an Atom E3825 and an ITE IT8892E PCI Express to PCI Bridge. On the PCI bus (PCI-104), we have a peripheral card with a Broadcom PCI9054 bridge. The PCI9054 bridge is set up to master DMA transfers from the peripheral card to PCI memory space. I am attempting to set up the E3825 to receive PCI memory writes such that the DMA transfer from the PCI9054 will target local memory on the SBC.

Thank you for the response!

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, JTH :

Thanks for your clarification.

We would like to help you with your third-party project but you should address as a reference your consultations related to it at the http://iotforum.advantech.com/ Advantech IoT Developer Forum to receive the proper support.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
JHann
Beginner

Thank you. It turns out the BIOS is already setting up the inbound window and this is simpler than I was making it out to be.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, JTH :

Thanks for your update.

We are glad that your problem has been solved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any problem related to Intel Embedded products.

We will be more than glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos