Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1178 Discussions

Locating IFWI_IN BIOS image for SlimBootloader to load on our Customer Reference Board

SPGarrison
Novice

Hello,

We are currently trying to build a custom UEFI image using SlimBootloader for the Intel Alder Lake-N Customer Reference Board. Can you please point us to where we can download the IFWI_IN BIOS firmware image to stitch the SlimBootloader output package into, as mentioned in 2) on https://slimbootloader.github.io/supported-hardware/adl-rvp.html#stitching, or provide instructions on how to generate this ourselves?

Thank you for your help

4 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @SPGarrison 

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We received your request but we need to address the following questions to understand this forum:

Who provides you with the Customer Reference Board (CRB) related to this forum?

Could you please attach to this forum pictures of the top side markings of the CRB?

We are waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
SPGarrison
Novice

Hi @CarlosAM_INTEL ,

Thank you for your swift reply.

Our CRB was provided by AAEON, and our Intel SoCs are provided by our Intel distrubutor in Europe.

Please see attached a photo of the top marking. My colleague @Omar34 who also recently posted in the forum here is referencing the same board.

Kind regards,

@SPGarrison 

0 Kudos
SPGarrison
Novice

Hi @CarlosAM_INTEL ,

Just to add some more information, I have used a DediProg SF600Plus-G2 to read the the contents of the BIOS flash on the CRB, saved it to a file called "intel-bios-flash.bin", but this was rejected as an IFWI_IN image as well with the error "BIOS image is too big to fit into BIOS region!"

How can I stitch my read-back BIOS with my SlimBootloader source code?

Thanks,

@SPGarrison 

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @SPGarrison:

Thanks for your reply.

The information provided to your colleague mentioned in one of your previous communications may help you.

Due to this fact, please contact them to request our suggestion.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos