We are using EDK2 software with minnow board. EDK2 memory reference code is available under QuarkSOC package folder shown below.
- Is the minnow board also using the Same memory reference code (Which is under Quark Folder )
- We have designed a new board same like minnow boards with intel atom processor only we are changing SDRAM ( Apacer SO-DIMM) . Inorder to configure this SDRAM module anything we have to change in the Memory reference code or it will work as it is ??
- Intel ATOM processor have Memory controller with mode register to configure the timing parameters and this timing parameters are available in the SPD EEPROM . Will the EDK2 will read and configure the mode registers as it is ?? OR we have to modify anything in the EDK2 memory reference code ?
Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.
In order to avoid duplicate efforts, could you please clarify if this thread is the same stated at the following websites?
Waiting for your clarification.
Hello, @ss36 :
Thanks for your reply.
Reviewing this and the listed threads; you should address your consultations related to the cited third-party design to its developer because they have the proper information to answer your questions related to it. The adequate channels are listed as a reference at the following website:
We hope that this information is useful to you.
Thanks for the reply. I will contact minnow board.
If. possible please let me understand the below things only.
- Where i have to look for the Memory reference code in EDK2.
- What is the minimal code to configure the memory controller in Intel ATOM e series processor , Where can i get it ??
Thanks and Regards,