Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1159 Discussions

Sps Flash Image Tool (FITc) Requirements

ahmetf
Beginner

Hi, I have an intel atom C3758 base costum design board.  It runs OpenBSD or Yocto project as an operating system on the board. There are hang problems on the device. The device sometimes opens without any problems and hangs after a certain period of time, and sometimes it hangs in the opening part on both operating systems. I create and configure a complete SPI image file for harcuvar platform on Sps Flash Image Tool(spsFitc) and programing it with flash programmer device. I have a few questions about settings.

1- In the Flash layout->Regions section, there is Descriptor Region. Where can I find "OEM Section Binary" or how can I create the binary file for ? 

2-  In Intel(R) ME Region, there are two binary files are needed; spsRecovery and spsOperational. In tool folder (SPS_SoC-A_04.00.04.600.0) these files are available. Are these files suitable for the c3758 processor and harcuvar platform? If not, where can I find suitable ones?

LinuxBIOS : Coreboot 4.16
Payload : SeaBIOS 1.16
My Spi Flash : Winbond W25Q128JV ( 16MB, only one component

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Diego_INTEL

Hello @ahmetf,

As I remember, the OEM section just can be ignored, there should be an option to not include it.

Thanks for sharing to the community.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Diego_INTEL

Hello @ahmetf,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

For the OEM section, as the name implies, the original equipment manufacturer section is established by the manufacturer.

As I understand, this tool is not restricted to a specific processor.

To get access to the respective documentation and tools you need to update your account to the premier option. You should fill out the form stated on the following website:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/developer/premier-registration.html

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL

0 Kudos
ahmetf
Beginner

Hello Diego,

After contacting the manufacturer, the answer they gave me was as follows;  We are memory supplier, there is no code inside.The code is from end user or our customer, please contact the supplier of the board.

After my own research, I found my own answer. I leave the link below for those who will encounter this problem. 

https://designintools.intel.com/product_p/stlgrn49.htm 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Diego_INTEL

Hello @ahmetf,

As I remember, the OEM section just can be ignored, there should be an option to not include it.

Thanks for sharing to the community.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL

0 Kudos