Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

Which Linux Kernel to use for Xeon D 1559 CPU

Mountainsea
Beginner

Hello, Intel Support,

We are using an Intel Xeon D 1559 CPU. As we understood it it has a new IIO micro-architecture for IO interface. 

We installed a Linux kernel 3.10(x86_64) for this CPU. The system works, but the IO(PCIe DMA performance) is under expected. 

We would like to check is there a specific Linux kernel version that we need to use in order to gain the maximum performance of Xeon D CPU? 

Do we need to use a specific CPU microcode in order to gain the IIO performance of Xeon D CPU? 

Thank you. 

MGD

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Mountainsea,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

We understand that you are looking for details about what Linux kernel or microcode to use with the Intel® Xeon® to get better performance, allow me to look into this, I will be posting back as soon as possible.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Mountainsea,

Thank you for waiting.

I would like to share with you that we have a forum for this kind of question, I am going to move your question.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Mountainsea:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You need to address your Operating System (OS) questions to the proper support channel. You can find it on page 4 of the Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1500 Product Family Product Brief document # 333423. Your Resource and Design Center (RDC) privileged account is needed to find this document on the following website:

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/333423

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update request or report any inconveniences with the provided website. It can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Mountainsea
Beginner

Hello Carlos, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Your document #333423 lists out the RHEL Linux or CentOS that we use. We would like to check specifically is there any recommended Linux kernel version to use in order to gain IIO(PCIe DMA) Xeon D CPU performance? 

Do we need to apply any CPU microcode? 

Is there any recommendation in configuring the IntelRCSetup registers in the BIOS?

Thank you.

Mei Guodong

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Mountainsea:

Thanks for your reply.

You should address your questions to the support channels listed where you find that the mentioned Operating Systems are listed as supported on the provided document.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos