Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1204 Discussions

Difference between mobile and embedded processor of same class

Signatics
New Contributor I

Hi,

I want to know if there is any pin difference between intel Tiger lake UP3 class mobile processor (intel core i5 1135G7) and embedded processor (intel core i5 1145G7E) ? Because I compared intel mobile and embedded processors on intel website and it shows that both processor have same socket package i.e. FCBGA1449 but Package size is different. For embedded processor the package size is 46.5mmx25mm and for mobile 45.5mmx25mm. Also, there is only one ball out file i.e. 604917 available on intel resources but I'm still confuse that why there are two package size for same class of processor?

Kindly guide me if these two processors are same or not

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jaime_Lizarme

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

See on the following link a more accurate comparison between Mobile i5 1135G7 and Embedded processor i5 1145G7E: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=208658,208081

So, to address your question “why there are two package size for same class of processor?

”; Its necessary Clarify that even though they are pretty similar on performance specifications, they are totally different as per CPU Family and market segment. Embedded SKU has some additional Security and Reliability features that involves HW compatibility with chipset components that Mobile SKU is not. So yes, they are not pin compatible but they share same socket package.    

Best regards,

Jaime L.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Signatics
New Contributor I

Thanks @Jaime_Lizarme  for the information.

We are using Intel® Core™ i7-1185GRE embedded mobile processor for our design. We are not placing any socket for processor on mother board. This processor will be directly solder on our custom mother board.

Since you have mentioned that  embedded processor and mobile processor have different pin maps so Kindly share the ball map (pin map) of below mentioned processors

1- Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7 mobile Processor: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/208664/intel-core-i71185g7-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-80-ghz-with-ipu.html 

2- Intel® Core™ i7-1185GRE embedded mobile Processor: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/208082/intel-core-i71185gre-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-40-ghz.html 

1st is mobile processor and 2nd is embedded mobile processor. As I mentioned earlier, I have a ball map file i.e. 604917 which is for Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7 mobile processor but we don't have ball map file for Intel® Core™ i7-1185GRE embedded mobile processor. 

1 and 2 have different package size. So kindly share the document that contain details of above mentioned processors package size.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Signatics
New Contributor I

Dear @Jaime_Lizarme 

We are waiting for your response. Our design is ready but due to this confusion we cannot move further. Kindly clear this confusion so that we can continue our work.

Thanks In advance.

0 Kudos
Jaime_Lizarme

Hi Malik,

Just a note to let you know that I have sent you some information to your registered email.

Regards,

Jaime L.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos