Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

Gigabyte Z370N WiFi i7-8700 vPRO AMT

flipflop
Beginner

Hi all,

Need some help on vPro.

I have gotten to a stage where i need to work from home, or while i am traveling etc.

So i have the Gigabyte Z370N WiFi board on one of my office desktops, with Intel i7-8700 (non k) CPU, that i use as my raw power, quick load etc system.

So TeamViewer or Anydesk or any of these options will not do for me anymore to use my system when i am away, plus i either way want to test vPro on what i can do with it in order to create future plans for my entire office or even for my customer's systems.

The CPU in the ark page states that the i7-8700 supports vPro, but i cant find such option in the latest F13 Bios menu of the Gigabyte board. Though i could be wrong.

My question is, is there a way to know if a motherboard is capable of vPro (as i fear this is my case, and Gigabyte webpage does not give any info on this)?
Also, can someone please either way clarify to me that i can basically remote into my system even if it is off, power it on and have also access and/or modify BIOS etc. So its a remote connection, like Teamviewer etc, but on the "bios level access" and up lets say?

Thanks in advance to all, and apologies if this has been posted to the wrong place.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @flipflop:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Based on the provided information, your problem is related to the BIOS. You need to contact the BIOS developer to find a solution to the reported condition.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @flipflop:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Based on the provided information, your problem is related to the BIOS. You need to contact the BIOS developer to find a solution to the reported condition.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.  

flipflop
Beginner

Just for future reference, to others that might stumble on this, having the same "issue".

My "issue" comes down to the chipset.

The Z370 chipset does not support vPro/AMT.

When i initially was sourcing parts to build this system, i did not have the vPro/AMT functionality in mind.

The system's parts were sourced, with power as the main focus.

So i guess i should be thinking more on being "future-proof".
Luckily though, i have plans to build a VERY similar setup.
This time i will sure consider vPro/AMT in my build. 

0 Kudos