Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

Intel I210-CS

Joanna1
Beginner

Hello Embedded Community,

We are looking to modify/configure PTP and SDP on Intel® Ethernet Controller I210-CS. We need to know:

1. Who calls igb_ptp_feature_enable_i210? (I didn’t figure it out)? Can it be called from user space or other KO?

2. What was the use of igb_pin_extts()? Why PTP needs the ability to program the SDP?

3. Can I please get some material on the SDP programming?

4. I can write a Linux module that handles the SDP, but I don’t want it to collide with the igb driver

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Joanna1:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We sent an email to the email address associated with this account with suggestions that may help you.

However, We have noticied that your questions have been answered on the following thread:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Connectivity/Kernel-access-configuration-of-SDP-on-i210/m-p/1292814#M3216

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Joanna1
Beginner

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to know if you have some recommendation list for the 25MHz crystal (and oscillators) for the I210? Just like in the datasheet there are recommendations about the flash that should be used, we would like to know id there is a specific crystal and also oscillators?

Thanks in advance,

Joanna

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Joanna1:

Thanks for your reply.

We sent an email to the address associated with this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Joanna1
Beginner

Hello Carlos,

Thanks for the e-mail.

I was wondering is there is an Errata datasheet on the I210, I have seen many advices on the web and want to be sure Intel recommends this fixes.

Thanks in advance,

Joanna

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Joanna1:

Thanks for your reply.

We sent another email to the address associated with this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Joanna1:

Thanks for your reply.

We sent another email to the address associated with this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos