Embedded Server
Consolidate Considerations of Intel® Xeon and Atom server Hardware, Firmware, Software, and Tools
262 Discussions

How to directly use i40e kernel driver in application for Xeon D2166NT on 10Gbe LEDs control

Gansheng
Beginner

Hi,

In my application system it has Intel Xeon D-2166NT as main Micro processor. Its internal 10Gbe controller is used to network control. Its PINs GPP_J[0-3] directly connected to outside LEDs as Low effective. Right now it is plan to develop diagnostic code to test those LEDs independently. From C620 chipset datasheet, 10Gbe LED Control registers GLGEN_GPIO_CTL[]s are able to set up for controlling its 10Gbe LEDs independently. Linux kernel uek6, which is used as OS currently, has i40e driver. Right now it is plan to use below functions which are included in the kernel driver under folder \linux\kernel\usbc_gnu_src\uek6\master\drivers\net\ethernet\intel\i40e:

void i40e_led_set(struct i40e_hw *hw, u32 mode, bool blink);

u32 i40e_led_get(struct i40e_hw *hw);

When I tried to use those functions in my diagnostic application code, I met compiling issue although the header files were included in the project. But those functions are built to i40e.ko successfully. The compiling error includes “unknown type name”, for example “u32”. I know that is because in my application it used “uint32_t” with stdint.h.

Would you have suggestion the best way to use those functions in my application level?

Thank you,

Gansheng

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jaime_Lizarme

Hello @Gansheng ,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

The  Intel Xeon D-2166NT suports some Linux distributions (such us Ubuntu or Yocto); however its supports is given directly by each distributor through its community channel. I suggest you to submit your question through your OS community forum; in case its ubuntu here its link:

https://ubuntuforums.org/

Best regards,

Jaime L.

0 Kudos
Gansheng
Beginner

Hi Jaime,

My OS is Oracle Linux 7/8. Thanks

Gansheng

0 Kudos