Embedded Server
Consolidate Considerations of Intel® Xeon and Atom server Hardware, Firmware, Software, and Tools

IBIS AMI Model

Dipen
Beginner

Hi,

I am looking for IBIS AMI model of USB 3.0 for Intel PCH R680E.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Dipen:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We received your request but we want to address the following questions:

Where do you acquire the Intel® R680E Chipset?

Could you please clarify if this request is related to a technical problem? Please give a detailed description of the issue if your answer is affirmative.

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Dipen
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

We are getting a PC from a vendor who is using the R680E chipset.

There is no technical problem. However, as we plan to connect the PC with long cable as well as a redriver, we are trying to use simulation for Signal Integrity of the USB communication all together; which brought me to reach out to gather the IBIS model of the USB 3.0 driver so it can be used for signal integrity simulation.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks again.

Dipen

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Dipen:

Thanks for your reply.

Based on your reply, we want to address the following question:

Could you please let us know the name of the manufacturer and part number of the PC related to your request?

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Dipen
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

The vendor is using a P680E Chipset. Thats about the information they have provided us. Can you be a little more specific to what else you would like to know about the chipset?

Thanks 

Dipen

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Dipen:

Thanks for your reply.

It seems that you do not understand my previous communication.

Please allow me to paraphrase it.

What is the brand (as a reference such as Dell, HP, or other brands) of the PC related to the reported situation? 

What is the model of the PC associated with the reported issue?

We are waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.  

0 Kudos
Dipen
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

We are not buying off the shelf PC. Our vendor is building based on our need. (i.e. Custom Build)

They are using chipset from Intel P680E Chipset. When we inquired about the USB driver (as we intend to use the driver IBIS-AMI model for Signal Integrity Simulation - not of the component itself or the chipset, for the system we are trying to have where USB 3.0 cable routes from the PC to somewhere else.

For this reason, I need to include an IBIS-AMI model for the USB 3.0 IC on P680E Chipset which will represent the driver in the whole system of PC --> Cable --> Load.

Please let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks

Dipen

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Dipen:

Thanks for your reply.

This forum initially stated that is related to the Intel PCH R680E but in the last communications, you switch to the Intel P680E Chipset.

Due to this fact, could you please clarify the proper device related to this forum?

We are waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Dipen
Beginner

HI Carlos,

I apologize. Its R680E. By mistake I wrote P680E.

Thanks

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello,  @Dipen:

Thanks for your reply.  

The information that may help you should be accessible to you with an Intel Developer Zone Premier account.

You should request the update of your account by filling out the form stated on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html 

You should use a business email address to evade any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such as the one provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or others). you can confirm this information and more details on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058073/programs/resource-and-documentation-center.html 

Best regards,
@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos