Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Are boards using the I225-V (B1/B2) Ethernet Controller faulty or not?

NotImpressed
New Contributor I

There are too many obscure threads scattered about this forum, people deserve a straightforward question with a straightforward answer.

Please leave this open as an official line of discussion on the I225-V (B1/B2) Ethernet Controller issues.

We will see any attempt to close this thread as an effort to cover up the issue.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Majek
Novice
Hi NotImpressed,

Still no answer nor resolution... Have you received your 3rd replacement Asus board already by the way? If so, was it with the B3 revision of the chip?

Thanks!
NotImpressed
New Contributor I

My third board sent directly from Asus's warehouse came with B2 stepping once again, even though the technician promised me over the phone that it would have the corrected B3 stepping.

After emailing Asus back they apologized and gave the gimmicky response you would expect out of a **bleep**ty company like as Asus, and to make matters worse they won't do anything now, they are actually questioning my network setup trying to find fault with me somewhere and pretty much just doing whatever they can to stall things.

Get this... one of the first things they instructed me to do after I called them out for sending me the same board using B2 stepping once again was to use the old outdated driver, can't remember the version number, but seriously what kinda loser working for Asus is actually suggesting this horse **bleep**, sketchy as hell right man?

0 Kudos
Majek
Novice
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply! This sucks.
That's why I am hesitant to RMA my board. I did raise a ticket to Gigabyte asking if Aorus Master has even left the assembly line with the B3 revision. I am just worried that I may get stuck in a loop of getting boards with B1/B2 controller. I could get a separate LAN card but my z490 only has 3 pcie slots and I already have a sound card in one of them. So if I plugged in a Pcie Nic, my graphics card would be downgraded to PCI 3.0 x8 which is not an option.

Anyway, thanks for the update and good luck. Let's hope there is another firmware that maybe does not fully fix the issues but at least mitigates them further without limiting the transfer to 1 Gbps.
0 Kudos
Rottmeister
Novice

Regarding this issue, Intel has gone completely silent. There has been numerous ,, we still looking into issue" type of answers but it seems, they are not even responding anymore...

0 Kudos
NotImpressed
New Contributor I

I am also locked at 1 Gbps which im not happy about, Asus won't even acknowledge it, actually they told me they could not replicate the issue on their end, complete horse **bleep**.

But false advertising is no joke. Perhaps any of you know a lawyer who could help us out in properly reprimanding Asus and Intel, and perhaps even compensate us for this crap?

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello All,

We sincerely apologize for the delay on our update. Kindly see below details for the feedback from our engineering team. 

Our testing shows that users will receive Windows Update (LAN driver) notice if we use 2-part ID in Windows Update driver resell option.

This is not the expected result and we are planning to revoke this option in Windows Update.

Once it is done, users will not receive the current LAN driver update(V1.0.2.6) request from Windows Update.

In parallel, we are also working on this topic with Asus.

Rest assured that this request is still under investigation and we will get back to you as soon as we heard additional update from our engineers.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I

i returned my board after talking to the vendor, who couldn't verify that i'll get a new one with b3 stepping, since they didn't get any information by asus or intel themselfes and are pissed af (big german pc part trader).
intel is dead to me as of now. cpu is amd, new nic is from realtek. i can't listen to this inflated pseudo native speaking mods anymore. this whole situation is something intel, their support team and their board partners should ne ashamed of.

i just recommend you to do the same, it was quite freeing to ship the old board back to the vendor.
i'm out of here. gl getting any real information until you run out of warranty or the lifecycle of the motherboard.....

gl, all, cheers Peter.

p.s.: just keep deleting my posts intel. the people here know what you're up too. this isnt flooding btw. you copy pasted your answer to every thread as well. mine does at least contain a solution -> return your intel products and dont look back

0 Kudos
walishahid
Beginner

there is still no solution ? or maybe there is new way

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello All,

We understand the frustration and we would like to apologize again for all the inconvenience this may have caused. Please be informed that LAN driver 1.0.2.6 in Windows Update has already been revoked. You will not receive Windows Update (LAN driver 1.0.2.6) notification moving forward. After further verification, it was found out that when 2 part ID is used, it can still deploy the driver on Windows Update and it will override any systems. For any future LAN driver release in Windows Update, we will only deploy with 4 part ID.

As a best course of action, we still highly recommend using the Asus provided OEM drivers as the final solution. We recommend contacting Asus for the drivers because they are still the best source of support for these OEM motherboards.  

We appreciate your patience and utmost cooperation while we were checking out the issue.  

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Rottmeister
Novice

This really is not a solution to the problem. 

0 Kudos
zenf
Beginner

Maybe we can add I225-V (B3) to the list as well.  I have an Asus B550 I bought two weeks ago with Rev03 which has the same problems. Max speed is 10Mbps or it doesn't see a cable. 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello All,

Please be informed that it is still be best to contact Asus manufacturer as they are the best source of support. If in case that Asus did not provide any assistance, you are welcome to contact us back and create a new thread.

We highly appreciate your time and cooperation throughout the process. Our sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience caused.

May you have a great rest of your week!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Rottmeister
Novice

Being sorry all the time does not solve the problem. People are waiting for the solution and you know **bleep** well that Asus would just direct customers back to Intel.

0 Kudos