Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4946 Discussions

Ethernet Controller I225-V wakes up my PC and I can't do anything about it (Windows 11)

Cigo
Beginner

The ethernet adapter comes with my motherboard ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING.

I can neither uncheck "Allow device to wake up the PC" nor check "Allow only Magic Packets" on device settings in Device Manager.

I tried updating drivers, both from intel page and from my motherboard's support page.

I'm sure it's the ethernet adapter cause disabling it via the control panel solves the issue.

I really can't get why the options in Device Manager are greyed out.

Thanks for your time

Cigo_0-1707997830857.png

0 Kudos
13 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Cigo,

Please allow us some time to review the details and we will get back with an update shortly.

Thanks & Regards,

Poojitha.N

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Cigo,

Good day!

Could you please Reseat the Ethernet card and Reboot the system after reseat.

kindly update the status on the same.

Thank you

Regards,

Poojitha.N

0 Kudos
Cigo
Beginner

Can you be a bit more specific with "reset your device"? What am I supposed to do? Do you mean "Roll Back drivers" or "Uninstall device" from device settings in Windows device manager?

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Cigo,

Greetings for the day!

I hope this message finds you well.

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided. Please reply to confirm, so we can continue helping on a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Regards,

Poojitha

0 Kudos
Poojitha
Employee

Hi Cigo,

Greetings for the day!

Could you please confirm is Ethernet card embedded on your motherboard?,

Thanks & Regards,

Poojitha

0 Kudos
Cigo
Beginner
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Cigo 

Did you check the possibility of disabling WOL function using BIOS settings? I'm not familiar with the BIOS on your board, but you may try to check the APM Configuration and disable the WOL there.

Leon

0 Kudos
Cigo
Beginner
Hi, thanks for answering.
I think it has to be on now, and I will check if it fixes the problem, but I think it will for sure.

The point is I might decide to turn on WOL eventually and I want only magic packets to turn the computer on, which is what is not happening now and it's the source of my problem.

I will see if the options in the device manager will be unlocked when I disable WOL from bios.
0 Kudos
Cigo
Beginner

I checked, it was already disabled. Trying to enable the Power on by WOL didn't change anything.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Cigo   Many times, after such a change, a physical power down and back up is required.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Poojitha
Employee

Hi Cigo,

It seems like there might be an issue with the system as well, so I would recommend reaching out to ASUS. They can provide support and guidance in diagnosing and resolving any problems with their products.

Please feel free to reach out if you require any additional information or assistance.

Thank you!

Regards,

Poojitha

0 Kudos
Poojitha
Employee

Hi Cigo,

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided . It seems like there might be an issue with the system as well, so I would recommend reaching out to ASUS. They can provide support and guidance in diagnosing and resolving any problems with their products.

Please feel free to reach out if you require any additional information or assistance.

Thank you!

Regards,

Poojitha

0 Kudos
Poojitha
Employee

Hi Cigo,

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided . It seems like there might be an issue with the system as well, so I would recommend reaching out to ASUS. They can provide support and guidance in diagnosing and resolving any problems with their products.

Thank you!

Regards,

Poojitha

0 Kudos