Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4953 Discussions

I210-T1 "The NVM Checksum Is Not Valid"

OwenG05
Beginner

Hi, I am a computer science student and having trouble with NVM checksum. I would like it to work on Windows 10/11, but I do not have access to the Windows driver source, so I have been using the Linux igb driver. When booting, the igb probe returns err -5 and "The NVM Checksum Is Not Valid", when igb_get_flash_presence_i210(hw) = true. However, when this is not true, the driver loads perfectly fine on Linux but does not start on windows. Is there any way to get access to the windows driver if possible? Thanks.

0 Kudos
40 Replies
OwenG05
Beginner

Hi Azeem, I am using the account I am currently on, OwenG05.

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi OwenG05,

Greetings for the day!

Could you please clarify which option you have selected for signup standard or premier?

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
OwenG05
Beginner

Hi Azeem I signed up for premier, since it is required to use the NVM tool.

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi OwenG05,

Since the i210 NVM require premier account login, could you please check the following link for the account setup.

Do let us know if you still having issue with account setup/login.

Cannot Access Intel Confidential Documentation from Intel

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi OwenG05,

Thank you for update. could you please check the following link for the account setup.

Do let us know if you still have issue with account setup/login.

Cannot Access Intel Confidential Documentation from Intel

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
OwenG05
Beginner

Yes, I have already done this, my account is in standard developer mode, so it tells me to sign up for premier. 

OwenG05_0-1715518935988.png

I click the hyperlink above, and it takes me to this page:

OwenG05_1-1715518966350.png

So I click the sign in button below the premier account, and get brought to this page:

OwenG05_2-1715519014953.png

This is probably an issue with the website.

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hello OwenG05,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for the quick response. Kindly give us some time, and we will check and update you with a resolution shortly.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello OwenG05,

Greetings for the day!

As per this case, earlier you confirmed an issue with the chipset, so kindly confirm that you have checked with the motherboard vendor about this issue.

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello OwenG05,,

Greeting for the Day!

We are currently awaiting your response regarding the case. If you have any queries or require further assistance, please feel free to respond on the community post. We are more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Intel products and services.

Regards,

Manoranjan Das.

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello OwenG05,,

Greeting for the Day!

We are currently awaiting your response regarding the case. If you have any queries or require further assistance, please feel free to respond on the community post. We are more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Manoranjan Das.

0 Kudos
OwenG05
Beginner

Hi @Pintu sorry for the late reply, I have had exams and have been very busy with studying.

I messed around in the BIOS settings to see if I could get it to work, and upon enabling and disabling a few things in the PCIe settings and enabling the compatibility support module mode, it was somehow reading at proper reading speeds. I then switched back to UEFI and it was continuing to work. Upon enabling compatibility support, I'm pretty sure it changed some other settings automatically, but I was rushing so I didn't really see what it changed. Then enabling UEFI again didn't change any other settings automatically and it kept the settings that we're changed automatically when switching to UEFI. I'm honestly not really sure what was causing the issue, but it was definitely something to do with my BIOS settings.

However, if the NVM tool is available, I would definitely have a use for it. Right now I have a MAC address from another card and would like to change the EEPROM with ethtool if possible (as I saw in the linux driver that it is supported). I was wondering if that is what the NVM tool is?

I still am unable to sign up for premier because the website is giving me an error (as shown in my previous reply to Azeem's comment on this thread).

Thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello OwenG05,

Greetings!

We are sorry to hear that you are still not able to sign up for the premier account. We will check this with our internal team and get back to you at earliest.

Thank you for choosing Intel.

Regards,

Subhashish_Intel.

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hi Chester,

Greeting for the day!

Follow the steps below to register and have access to IPS:

https://consumer.intel.com/intelcorpb2c.onmicrosoft.com/B2C_1A_UnifiedLogin_SISU_CML_SAML/generic/login?entityId=www.intel.com&ui_locales=en

1. Create your My Intel Account by going to the Sign-in page.

2. Click Register now for a Premier account.

3. Enter or confirm your personal information.

4. Select a password and complete the enrollment questions section.

5. Agree to the Terms and Conditions and click Submit.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello OwenG05,

Greeting for the Day!

Regards,

Manoranjan Das.

0 Kudos
OwenG05
Beginner

Hi @Pintu sorry for the slow reply but when I click this link it just takes me to this page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/homepage.html

OwenG05_0-1717023560935.png

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Chester,

Greeting for the day!

Kindly allow us some time we will check and get back to you as soon as possible. If you have any further questions or additional information to share.

Regards,

Vishal_Intel

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hi Chester,

Greeting for the day!

We apologies for the inconvenience caused.

As per this case, please find the link below and try to sign-in to the premier account.

> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058528/programs/access-entitlement-for-myintel-users.html

>https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058073/programs/resource-and-documentation-center.html

Regards,

Manoranjan.

0 Kudos
Subhashish
Employee

Dear OwenG05,

Greetings!

Please find the link below and try to sign-in to the premier account.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058528/programs/access-entitlement-for-myintel-users.html

>https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058073/programs/resource-and-documentation-center.html

Regards,

Subhashish_Intel

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello OwenG05,

Greetings for the day!

I hope this message finds you well.

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided. Please reply to confirm, so we can continue helping on a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello OwenG05,

Greetings for the day!

I hope this message finds you well.

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided. Please reply to confirm, so we can continue helping on a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

0 Kudos