Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

I211-AT cable problem. Or is it?

Ross-A-Tron
Beginner

Hello! I've been having a problem with my Internet connection since a week ago I guess, I use my PC as usual but periodically my PC loses the Internet connection and it says "Network Cable Unplugged" in ncpa.cpl. I contacted my ISP and they said their system showed something was wrong with my cable.

Only unplugging and plugging it in again "fixes" the issue but not for long as it may happen several times a day. And it looks like disconnecting my PC's power cord and plugging it in again also "fixes" the issue for some time.

When the issue occurs, the Cable Tests feature in PROSet shows that there's an issue apparently somewhere at the other end of my cable (where it's connected to the ISP "switchboard" (or how it's called?) that all the other consumers in my house are also connected to).

Within the last week (prior to the issue?) I did the following:

- replaced my CPU cooler, to do that I also removed the CPU from the socket and cleaned its IHS from old thermal paste, I also was forced to remove the GPU to install the new cooler;

- updated Ryzen chipset drivers.

That's it I guess. What could it be all about?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Ross-A-Tron,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We would like to confirm first for your I211-AT is this an embedded network controller adapter that you are referring? If so, please provide us the exact model of your mother board. 

Also Since you have mentioned that you are getting an error message "Network Cable Unplugged" we have already a support article that provides troubleshooting steps to solve the issue. 

Please try checking our article "Network Cable Unplugged" Error" on the link below and advise us if this would help solve your issue. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058994/ethernet-products/intel-killer-ethernet-products.html#:~:text=Some%20users%20may%20experience%20a,moving%20through%20the%20Ethernet%20cable.&text=The%20network%20cable%20is%20either,and%20plug%20it%20back%20in.

Please take note that the troubleshooting steps found on this article may indicate for other products as well however the steps found on this article can be used on your current issue. 

Also if you will be needing to re-install your drivers, we would also recommend doing first a "Clean Driver Installation", please follow the our article below for reference.

Clean Driver Installation Guide for Intel® Ethernet Connections

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html

Also replacing your CPU cooler and removing the GPU to install the new cooler should not be causing this issue as the issue that your experiencing concentrates on your network connection.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Ross-A-Tron,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to follow up the requested information and we would also like to ask if you have already tried our recommended troubleshooting's from the support article that we have provided and if it resolved your issue, please advise us. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Ross-A-Tron,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos