Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4919 Discussions

I225-IT 10/100Mbps operation

DavidDig
Novice

Having raised a support ticket for this issue, we've been instructed to post it to the FPGA forum, but figured that the Ethernet forum is the more appropriate forum:

We have a custom PCB with three Intel i225-IT network interfaces. As our design only requires 10/100Mbps operation, we are only using two of the MDI pairs and have the other two pulled up to 3.3V as per the suggestion in a support case. We are now testing a prototype of this product, and have been unable to get it to work when connected to a 100Mbps switch. It works when connected to a gigabit switch (auto negotiated down to 100Mbps), and it works when we force the speed to 10Mbps, but when connected to a 100Mbps switch with auto negotiating enabled, or connected to a 100Mbps switch and forced to run at 100Mbps, no link is detected at all, none of the LEDs flash, and Windows 10 reports that no network cable is connected.

We have ruled out any issues with the switch or cables, and the COM Express module based Intel i225-LM on our product also does not have any issues at 100Mbps, so this problem seems isolated to the Intel I225-IT network interfaces, as implemented on our custom PCB. We have an EEPROM for each I225-IT on our board, which have all been programmed with "FXVL_0D9F_IT_1MB_1.94d.bin" and assigned a unique MAC address.

Can anyone advise us as to what the cause of this issue may be, and what steps we can take to resolve it?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Sazirah
Employee

Hi DavidDig,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

This is related to your enquiry for Intel Ethernet Controller i225-IT.

For this request, we have Intel Embedded team who is dedicated expert team for this products that will assist you on this. We will move this forum thread to their team, please give some time for them to get back to you.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello,  @Sazirah:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We need to clarify that this forum is not related to an Embedded Platform.

Due to this, the customer request is out of our scope of support.

Please consider this information when you provide the previous suggestion, or transfer any forums to the channel that you mentioned in your previous communication.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
DavidDig
Novice

Hi @Sazirah and @CarlosAM_INTEL ,

Thank you both for picking up the thread. I really don't mind who tries to offer some support, as long as someone does! All that's happened so far is that the question has been passed from a support ticket (06209500) -> suggested to post on FPGA forum -> posted on Ethernet forum -> moved to Embedded forum -> now back to Ethernet forum!

Thanks in anticipation.

David

0 Kudos