Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4905 Discussions

I226-V 1.1.4.42 driver error with Windows 10 Pro

Byteus
Novice

Downloaded the 28.3 Ethernet driver package with version 1.1.4.42 drivers from Intel to setup a I226-V NiC on an up to date Windows 10 Pro install and it complained about the driver and failed to start showing an error.   Downloaded 1.1.4.42 drivers from station-driver and they properly installed and the card works.  While having the same version the driver dates are a month earlier on the station-drivers files.  There appears to be an issue with the NDIS68 drivers in the 28.3 x64 package.  Neither running the exe or manual install works.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Srri
Employee

Hello Michael,

Can we know what is the error and can you provide the screenshot of the error message.

Thanks and regards,

Srri

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Byteus
Novice

Sure, it's Error code 39.  Running the package exe installs successfully with no errors but the device shows this error.  I tried a manual install of the NDIS68 folder for Pro2500 to get the screen shots.  Intel1-3 cover the errored Driver,  Intel 4 is the working station-driver driver with the same version.  I'm running this on an old Gigabyte P55 with Windows 10 Pro fully updated. 

I tried downloading the package again, it's not a corrupt download or files, there's just something amiss here.  The card I'm using is this Chinese IV226-V adapter purchased from Amazon. 

0 Kudos
Byteus
Novice

Here's the Station-driver zip and Intel's wired driver package 28.3, you can compare the files to see what was changed from this earlier release.

0 Kudos
Hayat
Employee

Hi Byteus,

Thank you for the information provided. We are currently reviewing the information and will get back soon with more updates.

In order for us to investigate further, please provide the information below:

- Is it a prebuilt or the card purchased separately?

- Any software or hardware changes to your system and software/network router/switch recently?

- SSU Logs: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Hayat
Employee

Hello Byteus,

Regarding your thread, we are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions, we previously recommended.

Please reply here to confirm, so we can continue helping with a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply!

Thank You.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Hayat
Employee

Hello Byteus,

Since there are no replies, we will proceed to close the thread.

Please be informed, once the thread is closed it will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Kindly open a new thread if you have further questions.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos