Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4880 Discussions

Intel 82579V Issue

SGarl
Beginner

<><> Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong place <><>

Ok I'll keep this brief.

Problem:- LAN regulary disconnects and reconnets 30 seconds later.

Symptons:- Loose connection to Lan / Internet for around 30 seconds.

Background:- Had this problem with both P8P67 B2 and P8P67 pro boards. I have several other computers connected to the switch (not hub) and they are working fine. Have replaced the lead to no avail. Have even used the same lead in several other computers which works fine.

Config:-

Study

Netgear 8 port SWITCH 10/100/1000

Server

VOIP

PC

Switch connected to lounge hard wired via outdoor sheilded cat6 lead.

Lounge

Netgear 8 port SWITCH 10/100/1000

Router

XBOX 360

Wii

<><><>

Message in System Event Logs;-

<><>

Warning message - date time - source = e1cexpress

Event ID = 27

Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

- Network link is disconnected

<><>

Then it states its connected again.

Have also tried the following;-

Remove Kaspersky 2011

Ensure ALL power management even OS is disabled

Use IPV4 instead of IPv6 in prefix policies

Disable nativue IPv6

Disable tunnel IPv6

Disable IPv6

netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int ip set global taskoffload=disabled

Disabled SNP;-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters]

EnableTCPChimney=dword:00000000

EnableTCPA=dword:00000000

EnableRSS=dword:00000000

Have tried driver from Asus MB CD, Asus Website, Your Website, Windows Update all to no avail.

Please help.

0 Kudos
231 Replies
HvanK
Beginner

Support from Intel and Asus for this issue is very disappointing. I tried all suggestions mentioned here and nothing works. Intel admits that the device has issues, but doesn't realy solves it. Also the Intel NVM utility does not solve the problem.

Asus doesn't even post the latest driver for this device on their site. They still have the 17.3 driver while Intel has 18.5. (I gess they gave it up).

I reported the Issue to Asus and they only tolp me to do the driver and BIOS updates. Some weeks ago they send my issue to their experts in Taiwan, but I didn't get a solution yet.

I have an Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe and get a code 10 error after a cold boot, but after a restart the device works fine. So I tried to use the sleep mode instead, because then the device does not do a cold boot. That works fine, but then a different issue appears: the device awakes the PC from sleep for no reason.

It seems that the WOL implementation of the device is totally messed-up. Deleting al that feateres doesn't help either.

The only solution is to completely disable the device (solder it out maybe) and put a LAN card in your PCI slot (without an Intel device of course), like many other users did already.

I my case I can use the onboard WLAN device, but that will give me a 300MB connection in stead of a GB connection.

For now there is no other solution I think.

Please everyone: avoid using any motherboards with an 82579 device!!

0 Kudos
KOng2
Beginner

So what can we do here? Intel NICs are known to be of higher quality than their competitors but why this error?! Intel, you better reply now!

0 Kudos
RZell
Beginner

I found a solution for my Gigabyte G1.Sniper.M3 and Windows 8 x64:

1. flashed modified BIOS found here http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios.html# post462867 Z77 Modified Bios

2. updated Intel ME driver found here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22092&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers Intel ME 8: Management Engine Driver

3. updated Intel 82579L driver found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21642&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers Intel Network Adapter Driver for Windows 8

No more connection drop problems. It looks like the whole problem is related to Intel Management engine.

0 Kudos
KOng2
Beginner

Does this solve even the Sleep problem? Why can't an Intel representative answer here?! I'm getting very frustrated because of this stupid sleep problem.

0 Kudos
HvanK
Beginner

I sent my board back for RMA and got a new board. On the new board the cold start problem did not appear, my error code 10 problem is solved. If seemed to be a hardware failure in my case.

I still have the Sleep problem though. I will try to solve that with the suggestions from Kolibri42

0 Kudos
ISeeb
Beginner

Hello,

actually I have the same problem here. Sporadically the 82579V shows up as

82579LM and the network connectivity is broken. Removing it and rescanning brings it back under Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 with newest DH61BE BIOS and latest Intel Management Engine drivers.

Reproduceable it is by resuming from standby, hibernation or wake-up on lan.

The NVRAM is not updateable by the executable (--> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22026 Download Center). Help would be appreciated.

best regards,

Ingo

0 Kudos
RZell
Beginner

I forgot to mention that you can update MEI firmware independent from BIOS update.

Here's a howto for a Gigabyte MB: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/53142-how-upgrade-mei-my-ga-x79-ud3.html# post459436 How to update ME firmware

Latest MEI FW for 7* chipset can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?5rdqsqrezfh6isz ME Firmware 8.1.51.1471

and for 8* chipset here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tt7e6hz5o881v2j/ME_Firmware_Z87_9.0.30.1482.zip ME Firmware 9.0.30.1482

Hope this help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So is there an update for this issue?

As far as I know I have the newest 82579V drivers and ME firmware is up to date. However on my Asus Maximus IV Z-Gene/3Gen Mobo the ethernet port (82579V NIC) still says Network Cable is unplugged unless I change the link speed from auto-negotiation to 10mbs half duplex. But then my speeds are DRASTICALLY reduced so its not worth it. Just using wireless for now but it is just such a shame Intel has not properly addressed this yet, I mean it has been like two years of having this issue and spending hours trying ever possible solution I've found on these forums and others.

As there any other suggestion Mark? Any new information? Should I just buy an NIC expansion card if I want to use a wired ethernet connection? It just seems nothing is working and it is so fustrating.

The new driver seemed to allow the NIC to recognize the ethernet sometimes when in auto-negotiation but it was random it seemed and whenever it did, if I ran a speedtest I would get Ping:11 but then when the test went to Download speed, it just sits there saying Calculating FOREVER. When I asked Windows (7 64bit) to Diagnose the problem it said it was having trouble contacting the DNS server. So I manually entered the OpenDNS servers and that problem went away according to windows, however the Download speed problem still exists.

But then anytime I disable the NIC to go back to wireless so I can use the internet, if I reenable the NIC it says Network Cable unplugged again until I reboot the PC or just get lucky with randomly changing Link speeds and disabling/enabling random options in the Config menu to get it to see it.

It is just so peculiar and any light shed on this situation would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
JPere40
Beginner

Good and Sorry for my English.

I think I have the solution. After much research, I realized that the problem is the energy, and I went to control panel, power options and there I had it in "never" change it to 5 hours, I returned to install the driver and Tachaaan. worked.

What I did was. Uninstall the driver included with the sign remove option. Energy put options with time, 30min, 5h and removes the option .... ever.

0 Kudos
wdavi3
Novice

Hi all, I joined the forum due to discovering this thread and persevering with this Network Adapter problem since I had a new rig built over two years ago! Clearly, I'm not one to complain and simply managed with workarounds, but to discovering after all this time this was a known fault, I feel very foolish for being so acceptable. I've also had another issues from the beginning, such as slow boot up times, and the PC is unable to reboot after waking from sleep mode!.

I spoke to support via the chat the other day and they've agreed to make arrangements to replace my mb, which I was extremely pleased with at first, however today I'm now concerned that receiving a like for like replacement may not resolve the issue if it has affected so many other ppl. My local support will contact me next week to make further arrangements, so hopefully they will advise how replacing my mb and built in faulty Network Adapter with exactly the same model will resolve the issue. After reading this thread, I'm not very convinced.

Did anyone else have the mb replaced with the same model and was the issue solved?

0 Kudos
YHamd
Beginner

i cannot believe that this issue has not been resolved since 2011, i started to get this issue 2-3 days ago, sometimes the NIC works and most of times i have to uninstall then scan hardware in device manager, it slows down windows startup.

Samsung 830 SSD (OS Drive)

i7 3770k

MB: ASUS P8Z77-V

Win 8.1 Pro x64

Things i've tried and none worked:

1. Flashed every single Bios revision and none of them made a difference.

2. Installing/reinstalling/removing drivers and even went native by just using MS built-in driver.

3. Set LinkSpeed and other configuration Manually.

4. Disable IPv6

0 Kudos
MStra15
Beginner

I spend a lot of time to read this thread and answers and very angry about Intel.

Yesterday i subscribed a ticket about this issue and I'am very excited about the answer.

I'am very stunned. 4 Years without resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
YHamd
Beginner

Ok i found the cause of this problem, might be different for you but it was caused by Mainboard battery , yes its the battery, seems some MBs rely on battery to store/retrieve BIOS settings even if the external power is present, so if the battery is dying BIOS saved data would be in corrupted state and devices fail to initialize, however i had more problems with the battery which led me to the source of all issues im having and this issue is one of them, here is what to do:

1. Turn off your PC and remove PSU cable, for laptops remove charger and the main battery as well.

2. Open PC/Laptop and remove the small battery on mainboard.

3. leave your PC/laptop for at least 30 mins without any power source while the MB battery is removed.

4. Replace the MB battery with new one.

5. Reassemble everything Plug the external power BUT dont switch your PC/laptop yet.

6. Refer to MB manual on how to reset CMOS (although its not necessary since you removed the battery but this for 100% guarantee its reset to default).

7. switch PC/Laptop on, it will give you a post screen error, just go to Bios and reset everything to default then boot to windows again and the problem is solved.

NOTE: THIS MIGHT NOT BE THE CAUSE OF YOUR ISSUE BUT FOR ME IT WAS SOLVED, SO IT WORTH A TRY IF YOU TRIED EVERYTHING, AND IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MIGHT BE CAUSED IF YOU HAVENT DO THIS PROPERLY, USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

STeo
Beginner

Hey guys, my system got into this "This device cannot start (Code 10)" with the Intel 82579V recently and i tried all sorts of methods to fix it. Most of the methods failed as expected like all the others did so in previous posts. The method which Yaba recommended worked!

I'm using an Asus P8Z77-V and the problem occurred when I actually changed the motherboard battery to a fresh one as I was migrating the system to a new case. The BIOS ran into some issues (boot up loop that doesn't do POST) and I had to do a clear RTC to make it boot. The NIC started to give code 10 from cold boot and only works if I restart or uninstall the device to let it install again. (I don't recommend uninstall and install as I ran into some intermittent connection issues right after, the restart method would be better if I had to live with it.)

Apart from installing various versions of driver and loading default settings for BIOS, I also tried to re-flash my BIOS and Clear RTC with the jumper. I wasn't sure what went wrong but doing the Jumper method did not actually reset my system clock but restored BIOS to default state, hence the problem persisted. So as a last resort, I did what Yaba suggested, remove the CMOS battery and used Jumper to Clear RTC. Only after this, my system clock was reset and the problem went away. No more annoying Code 10 from my NIC and things works the way it should.

Of course, this fix may not work for everyone since it may have been caused by some other issues, I just felt that I need to post to let anyone else who's experiencing the same issue to give this method a shot.

0 Kudos
HBalz
Beginner

@

If anybody has an HP ProBook 6560b, this might fix it for you. Could possibly work for others as well.

Download this driver package from HP (driver package sp57086), and run the setup.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57001-57500/sp57086.exe ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57001-57500/sp57086.exe

It's an old driver but every release after it gets me the same error message.

By default it will extract everything to C:\SwSetup\SP57086.

Now, from time to time nothing will happen after extraction. Do the following:

1. Open your device manager and right click your Intel(R) 82579V (or M) card. Select "Update Driver Software".

2. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"

3. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

4. Click on "Have disk..."

5. Point it to the directory "C:\SwSetup\SP57086\Flat\WIN7-x64" (in case you've got Windows 7 or higher. Works fine on Windows 8.1), and click on "OK".

6. Click on "Next".

The fix is even mentioned in the summary of the driver package.

"sp57086

FIXES:

Fixing an issue that ethernet driver can't loaded succesfully when system boot

up or resuming from sleep mode and hibernate mode states, this will cause NIC

banged yellow in device manager."

Mitnite - HelpMeSolve.IT

0 Kudos
FS2
Beginner

I just googled the e1cexpress 27 error and found this thread. I am shocked that this thread exists for 4 years now and there is no valid solution to this. Although one thing seems to be very sure, it is not realated to a specific network card from intel or the drivers. I think it has something to do with a feature that might be new since Windows 7 or came with a specific KB update by Microsoft.

I tried many things posted in this thread here but the problem still exists. I have a new Intel Skylake system with the intel network adapter I219-V. It is not even listed in the download center, so i only found up to date drivers on other computer manufacturer websites. I also tried to set the ethernet energy feature off, but it does not help. Maybe it delays the problem a little bit as it only occurs every 3 or 4 hours now.

But as i am also playing online-games, this is an absolutely no-go as it kicked me out of some games a few times already while i was playing.

So i will raise also a ticket at ASUS support, maybe they have any workaround or solution as it seems intel does not care at all for this thread.

Maybe some other people with a new mainboard also have this issue and found a solution, that would be great. Please help.

0 Kudos
AStri
Novice

UberJaeger wrote:

I think it has something to do with a feature that might be new since Windows 7 or came with a specific KB update by Microsoft.

In my case, I was on Vista, so you can probably rule that out.

To me, it's definitely an issue with Intel's NIC(s). Whether hardware or software, we'll probably never know.

0 Kudos
HMasr
Beginner

Hi.I guess i might be a little late but i hope Intel will listen to this.A year ago i bought ASUS Sabertooth P67 and installed Win7 Ultimate 64bit but i got this issue of Intel 82579V device can not start (Code 10).After i've try everthing including all the suggestion in this forum i have made a conclusion that win 7 might not suitable with Intel 82579V.Recently i have bought a genuine Windows 8.1 64bit and installed it.Guess what guys!!...the problem still remains!.Once again i came to a conclusion that these Intel 85279V chipset is just a piece of crap!

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi kimithecat,

Good day. I understand this is an onboard NIC, please contact Asus the board vendor to further check on this.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
sbest
Beginner

I just wanted to share my solution to this issue:

Changing power options for the device did not resolve the issue (disabled "allow windows to turn off to save power" and "energy efficient Ethernet", and we have all sleep modes disabled anyways)

Manually setting the connection type did not resolve the issue (Full duplex 1GBPS. It still worked with the settings set manually but the disconnects were just as common)

Updating to the newest drivers Dell had for our systems that hosted these NIC chips did not resolve the issue (tried, among others, 12.6.45.0, 12.2.45.0, and a 12.3 that I forgot to write down).

I spent two hours on the phone with an absolutely useless tech who in the end said she didn't know what to do. Escalating to a manager who assured me multiple times that an advanced tech would call me, but one never did... obviously did not fix the issue.

Installing third party NIC fixed it... obviously. Installing a PCI-e Intel card though did not. I tried different cables to different switches with no result.

The solution ended up in running the intel driver check utility which downloaded and installed driver set- 20.4.1 which after install shows as 12.15.30.0... quite a bit higher than the newest drivers dell listed for their workstations.

I am no longer purchasing the expensive and apparently useless Dell ProSupport for workstations. If they can't even help with this it in no way seems worth the money. Intel isn't free from blame here, its clear that MANY versions of their drivers have this issue and just pointing people back to their PC manufacturers for support is a cop-out. Yeah I get it, integrated components like these NICs probably make them next to nothing compared with CPU sales, but that sure sucks for us.

I hope this helps some others, troubleshooting this issue from the first profile corruptions it caused to pinpointing the network disconnects as the issue to tracking down a solution took months and plenty of false trails. I am deploying out the new driver set to all NIC cards, not just those with this issue, on my next patching day. I'll update if anything new gets stirred up as a result.

0 Kudos
CMaho3
Beginner

TL;DR

- Re-flash your bios (optional, don't know if it had any signifigance in the process)

- Remove your CMOS battery about an hour.

- Re-plug your CMOS battery.

- Boot.

My problem:

I have an Asus Sabertooth x79 mobo with onboard network card (82579V). PC is about 3 years of age (Gaming PC). One day my pc started showing Intel Management Engine failure messages and network card drivers were not starting successfully after every shutdown. I had to uninstall/reinstall the network card driver after every boot from device manager for my nic to work. It wasn't solving IMEI problems but at least the nic was starting to work.

Solution:

I tried a lot of suggestions listed here and none of it worked, even after formatting and re-installation of the OS. I don't remember where I've read it but someone mentioned reflashing/downgrading bios and resetting cmos (by pulling out the cmos battery and waiting for about 15mins). It looked like an irrevelant solution. I first tried downgrading the bios but no success. Then I flashed the latest stable bios (the one I had when this problem was occuring, version 4701) and after that, I removed the cmos battery and waited about an hour, then re-plugged it. What do you think? It worked! All the problems listed above are gone.

0 Kudos