Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4926 Discussions

Intel 82579V Issue

SGarl
Beginner

<><> Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong place <><>

Ok I'll keep this brief.

Problem:- LAN regulary disconnects and reconnets 30 seconds later.

Symptons:- Loose connection to Lan / Internet for around 30 seconds.

Background:- Had this problem with both P8P67 B2 and P8P67 pro boards. I have several other computers connected to the switch (not hub) and they are working fine. Have replaced the lead to no avail. Have even used the same lead in several other computers which works fine.

Config:-

Study

Netgear 8 port SWITCH 10/100/1000

Server

VOIP

PC

Switch connected to lounge hard wired via outdoor sheilded cat6 lead.

Lounge

Netgear 8 port SWITCH 10/100/1000

Router

XBOX 360

Wii

<><><>

Message in System Event Logs;-

<><>

Warning message - date time - source = e1cexpress

Event ID = 27

Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

- Network link is disconnected

<><>

Then it states its connected again.

Have also tried the following;-

Remove Kaspersky 2011

Ensure ALL power management even OS is disabled

Use IPV4 instead of IPv6 in prefix policies

Disable nativue IPv6

Disable tunnel IPv6

Disable IPv6

netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int ip set global taskoffload=disabled

Disabled SNP;-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters]

EnableTCPChimney=dword:00000000

EnableTCPA=dword:00000000

EnableRSS=dword:00000000

Have tried driver from Asus MB CD, Asus Website, Your Website, Windows Update all to no avail.

Please help.

0 Kudos
231 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi everyone.

I stumbled over this thread on the search for a reason to an warning we found in the Windows event logs. There we got an warning event with ID 27 of e1cexpress servicee followed by periodic warning and information events from Time-Service, Service Control Manager and e1cexpress service. It was told me that the machine's network didn't worked afterwards and it had to be rebooted.

XML event data of first e1cexpress event with id 27:

# - http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"># - e1cexpress" />40964">27300x800000000000002011-10-21T01:01:00.605143800Z" />4545SystemMBS-VM-Server# - Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection0000040002003000000000001B0004A00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001B0004A0 Next warning in list driven by the time service: # - http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"># - Microsoft-Windows-Time-Service" Guid="{06EDCFEB-0FD0-4E53-ACCA-A6F8BBF81BCB}" />13403000x80000000000000002011-10-21T01:01:00.658650600Z" />4547580" ThreadID="3972" />SystemMBS-VM-ServerS-1-5-19" /># - TMP_EVENT_MANUAL_PEER_DNS_ERROR">ErrorMessage">Der angegebene Host ist unbekannt. (0x80072AF9)RetryMinutes">3473457DomainPeer" />

Informational event with ID 36 of e1cexpress a few seconds after first warning:

# - http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"># - e1cexpress" />24580">36400x800000000000002011-10-21T01:01:04.082085300Z" /><...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi! I have exactly the same problem with the nic as described in the first post. MB model asus p8p67 pro rev.3.0. Now i can't connect it to network at all. I have a direct connection without any router.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I installed the latest Intel driver version 16.6 and still have the Disconnect and a few seconds later the Reconnect Event Log entries after the system wakes up from sleep mode. It seems like the Switch(s) and or Router is too slow for the 85279V chip. Anyway, it is a very minor issue for me. Maybe the SMC WGBR-14N Router, the Netgear GS108 Switch and the SMC 8505T Switch are too old or too slow for the latest Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Intel 85279V setup. I have tried connecting the system to each one and still get the same result.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have an Asus P8Z68-V board and a Netgear GS608v2 8-port Gigabit switch. Exact same issue; solved simply by connecting to my router (Draytek Vigor 2820n) or by connecting to any other switch & connecting that to the Netgear switch (which is what I'm doing).

No amount of playing with the settings in Device Manager will give me a stable connection.

I can't update the Netgear switch - they state the firmware is not updateable. The onus is on Intel here (even though I would say it's a Netgear issue - their kit is pretty terrible IMO).

Can we have a driver with this issue fixed please?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Now I am sure that the problem with Intel 82579V starts after installing the Intel software. All I know is that it starts after you install some of these (Network Adapter Driver, INF Update Utility, Intel Management Engine). And why Intel does not react on this issue?

0 Kudos
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

rank1 wrote:

why Intel does not react on this issue?

Have another read of post 16 in this thread - there's help there if you PM Mark H (and I assume that extends to others with the same problem). In order for Intel to fix the issue, they first have to get a clear understanding of whats causing it and that means getting test results from folks like you! Of course if you want an official response, then use the official method of reporting the problem to your motherboard manufacturer (as they are the ones who deal with support of your board).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

on my linux laptop on motherboart p8z68 (asus) some time packet loss on pppoe. drivers/bios updated. packet loss is 3-15%.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm having a similar problem. If a see in network adapters, it shows a intermitent active-not connected, changin all the time. In the tray, the monitor has a X, showing that my computer isn't connected to a network cable. I tried differente cables. Installed the newest nic driver. I've also updated my motherboard firmware and nothing changed.

I have a Intel HD67CLB3 motherboard with a Core i5 2500 processor. I'm also using a Windows 7 Ultimate x64. My pc is connected to a Netgear DGN2000 router/modem. My other pc connects perfectly to the internet as my brother and father pc. I connected my notebook on my network cable and it was perfect. I also tried changing the ports of the router and nothing changed. The network lights on the back painel are blinking all the time. The light on the router that indicates my pc connected is also blinking.

I also connected my wifi adaptor to use the internet but that was not good. I connected easily with 100% power but the speed were bizarre. Waiting for a long time I could connect to google.com, but I couldn't enter in any site.

Edit: Yesterday I bought a realtek gigabit lan board and installed it. It finds my home network, but I can't see the router or any other computer. In the first time I saw that my ip was 169.XXX... instead of 192.168... I tried to put on the router a valid ip and the mac of the realtek board and after that I was connected to the web. Unfortunately I couldn't enter on any site, connect to msn or use the windows update. It was loading for a long time and nothing happens. I tried to configure the dns but nothing changed. After that I couldn't connect anymore to the web, but I still find the home network, but with the same problem, without seeing my router or other computers. I don't know what more I can do. I was expecting to easily solve my problem with this lan board, but I couldn't.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have similar issues with my Intel 82579V adapter on the Intel DZ68DB main board.

When turning on my PC, it hangs for about 3 to 5 minutes trying to connect. It says "Cable is unplugged", then it connects again, then again disconnects with the same message, etc. I am using three operating systems - Windows XP x64, Windows 7 and Kubuntu 10.10 x64, and this behaviour is observed on all the 3 systems. I have upgraded the drivers on Win to the last version (16.6), downloaded from the site. At the end it eventually connects on 10 Mbps.

It works properly when I set it up manually on 10 Mbps Full duplex, but that speed is far from what I need.

Update: A patch for Linux systems was committed by Intel - http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/109926/ http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/109926/

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've since fixed this by simply swopping the switch out with one that wasn't made by Netgear Was able to sell and buy a replacement without losing out.

Not an ideal solution I know but it works 1Gbps Full Duplex now.

Despite trying Mark H's utility and a couple of registry hacks, I simply could not get the two devices to work together properly.

FYI the utility forces autonegotiation to determine link speed. Did nothing for me, still had the same disconnects.

There is a definite issue with this card and certain networking equipment, especially from Netgear. The problem I think is deciding who's going to fix it (probably not Netgear as you can't update the firmware on the switch I had!).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've already tried to change the router, without much luck. Under Windows it cannot connect at all on more than 10 Mbit/s. On Kubuntu it connects on 100 Mbit/s but with huge losses (up to 50% of the packets).

I have also upgraded my Kubuntu to the last version (11.10), but the problem persists.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have found and fixed the issue. My cable was not crimped properly - the ordering of White/Green and White/Blue was reversed (with the B standard).

It is to note that I didn't had any issue when using my old network adapter with the same cable, or when using other computers with it. So, it appears that the Intel adapter is somehow stricter and more vulnerable to standard breaking. Keep it in mind.

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

If you go into Device Mng. check prop. of NIC there should be a test you can run to check cabling .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm also experiencing this issue, and the only work around is to set 10mbit full duplex. Seeing as there's a linux patch which seems to identify this issue, hopefully a windows one isn't too far off.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I too have had this issue for the past two weeks since windows update updated my drivers on me. This is definitely an issue with the latest drivers. I'm using windows 7 and have th ASUS P8P67 motherboard. Both onboard adapters give me the lost-connection issue described here many times in this thread.

I am using a linksys(I would never buy linksys - I'm in an office where someone else bought the router from staples across the street >.<) WRT610N router and I have a dLink switch in between my computer and it. I hate this router with a passion but, I can tell that it is the latest network adapter driver that is the problem. There are several other computers(PC & MACs) that are connected to the same switch without a problem. There are computers(and phones) connected directly(wired and wireless) to the router without a problem.

Intel needs to fix this issue.

idata
Employee

I'm glad I found this thread. I have an ASUS P8Z68 Mobo, and this was driving me nuts. Turns out I had the ethernet cable plugged in the wrong LAN port on back of board. There are two identical ports, they are not marked, but if you look in the manual it shows that one is the RealTek LAN and the other is the Intel LAN. I could still get connection through RealTek (barely), but moved back over to Intel and you're up and running. PS, each of the LAN ports have a seperate Mac address.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I recently bought an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO motherboard and have been having similar problems with the NIC as well. My router is a Linksys WRT120N. When set to auto-negotiate its speed is limited to 10mbps/Full Duplex, but works fine. When I set it to 100mbps/Full Duplex sometimes it stays disconnected, sometimes it will find a connection after 30 seconds. Once it is connected my Internet works fine and I can see other computers on the network, but for some reason I cannot access my router's admin page on this one PC. Other PCs on the network do not have these issues.

My main concern is that while I can make the NIC work at 100mbps, it doesn't work all the time and I have to fiddle with it constantly. Setting the speed to 10mbps is too slow to be considered a solution. Plus not being able to access my router's settings is odd, but that's probably a topic on another forum.

Edit:I should add that I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

0 Kudos
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

worlann wrote:

I recently bought an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO motherboard

I don't mean to be funny about this but it IS an Asus motherboard so why not ask Asus about this? If this is going to be discussed on the Intel Community forums, the thread should really be in the /community/wired Wired Ethernet related section IMO as it doesn't principally relate to Intel branded motherboards. The only (2?) Intel branded motherboards I've seen referenced here with this issue have extenuating circumstances (multiboot for one where a new linux driver and correct network cable wiring seems to have solved things and even a different brand of discrete NIC didn't solve the problem for the other - meaning it's likely a software/configuration issue in the latter case).

Remember people, your support should come from the board supplier or otherwise the board manufacturer because who knows how they have chosen to implement Intels design into their own product.

My suggestion regading your situation worlann is to take your base unit to the position where the other PCs that work fine all are, unplug one of those base units and plug your above base unit in instead - ie using all the same cables and switch ports etc that were known good with other PCs. Failing this making a difference - it's time check for correct network cable internal wiring (as mentioned earlier in the thread). If that still isn't to blame then its time to ask Asus tech support for some help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My apologies. When searching for solutions on this specific Intel NIC, this was the only thread that looked relevant to my issue.

0 Kudos
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

Don't worry, you're far from the only Asus user who's posted here but really Asus (or their forums) should be where you go for support for this board due to the fact the OEM may implement the Intel hardware in a way that differs to Intels reference design.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Not for nothing but that is an Intel NIC on the board there, and the problem we're discussing here is connection through an Intel product. It'll be alright.

0 Kudos