Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

Intel ANS does not work in Windows 10 Update 1809

NLA
Beginner

Hello,

Again, after updated to latest windows 10 1809, ANS does not work any more. I can create the new VLAN but it cannot be enabled. Please have new fix as soon as possible.

Thank you

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi newnews,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Communities.

We're looking into your issue and will update this thread as soon as possible. Please share the Intel® Ethernet Network adapter model installed in your system.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi newnews,

Please let us know the Intel® Ethernet Network adapter model installed in your system.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
GTiba
Beginner

Good Morning!

I am having the same problem update Windows 10 Update 1809, I can create the new VLAN, but it is not enabled, model of the Intel® Ethernet Connection (5) I219-V network adapter.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tiba,

We're currently looking into this issue and will post an update as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
CSmit29
New Contributor I

Team and VLAN configuration for Microsoft Windows* 10 1809 (RS5) and Microsoft Windows* Server 2019 will be available in SW Release 23.5.

SW Release 23.5 is expected in November of 2018.

Note: Prior to the release of SW 23.5, we will be releasing SW 23.4. Please be aware that 23.4 does not support Microsoft Windows* 10 1809 (RS5) and Microsoft Windows* Server 2019.

The Intel Ethernet team is responsible for validating and submitting new driver packages to Microsoft for inclusion on Windows Update. Microsoft does not support Team and VLAN configuration on Window 10. Team and VLAN configuration for Intel Ethernet Adapters on Windows 10 is supported via our Intel® PROSet software. Intel® PROSet is not included on Microsoft Windows Update.

Intel® PROSet software includes Intel® PROSet for Windows* Device Manager, Intel® PROSet for Windows PowerShell*, and with SW Release 23.5 Intel® PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility (Intel® PROSet ACU).

SW Release 23.5 will support Advanced Network Services (ANS) including Team and VLAN configurations using PROSet for Windows PowerShell* and in a later release will be supported using Intel® PROSet ACU.

Information on using PROSet for Windows PowerShell* is available here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023545/network-and-i-o.html Intel PowerShell IntelNetcmdlets and also available in the Intel® Ethernet Adapter User Guide which is included in each driver download package on https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/36773/Ethernet-Products Intel Download Center

This community will be updated with a SW Release FAQ when SW Release 23.5 is available for download.

We appreciate your patience while we continue to validate this upcoming SW release.

Thank You,

Intel Ethernet Team.

Blog Post:

Edit: Adjusted SW versions.

VincentT_Intel

Hi NLA,

SW version 23.5 is already available for download, please visit the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

You need to use Windows PowerShell* to create VLAN. Kindly check out the link below for details on how to import the PROSet PowerShell* module and command to create VLAN.:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023545/network-and-i-o.html

Let us know if it fixes your VLAN issue.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi NLA,

Hope your VLAN issue has been resolved.

Please let us know if there's other assistance needed.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
MZ7
Beginner

Hello,

I installed the newest drivers for my dual I211 NIC's mounted on Asrock Taichi x399 MB. Suddenly all teaming and Vlan options disappear. What's going on?

Previous versions had additional tabs to configure advanced options.

Please i need to start teaming as fast as i can.

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

@MZ7​ 

Hi MZ7,

To configure Team in version 23.5, please use Windows Powershell*. Kindly refer to steps below:

1. Open Windows Powershell* with administrator privileges
  2. Import the PROSet Powershell* module using this command Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets"
  3. Type Get-IntelNetAdapter to display the names of your I211
  4. Type New-IntelNetTeam to create the desired teaming configuration. It will prompt for Team member names, Team mode and Team name.
  • For Team member name, use the I211 names displayed in the Get-IntelNetAdapter command.
  • For Team mode, input one of the teaming configuration based on your setup
    • AdapterFaultTolerance
    • AdaptiveLoadBalancing
    • StaticLinkAggregation
    • IEEE802_3adDynamicLinkAggregation
    • SwitchFaultTolerance
    • VirtualMachineLoadBalancing

After successful creation, the team should be visible in your network connections.

For other scripts available in PROSet Powershell* module, please visit the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023545/network-and-i-o.html

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos