Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4888 Discussions

Intel E810-DA2

Diesel
Novice

Hello,

I downloaded following drivers package: ice-1.10.1.2.2.tar.gz from here: https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/download/19630/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-e810-series-devices-under-linux.html

This drivers work for 5.10.0-20 but not for 6.1.0-1 or 6.1.0-2. On kernel 6.x I only get a tainted kernel when loading the ice drivers.

Is this a knowing issue?

Thanks

5 Replies
Irwan_Intel

Hi Diesel,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

You may refer to the release notes below for the supported version.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/762457/Release_Notes_27.8.pdf

Intel Software License Agreement need to be accepted before you could view the file.

Please feel free to contact us should you need any further assistance, and we will be more than glad to continue assisting you. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Irwan_Intel

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Diesel
Novice

Hi,

thanks but this is no solution.

5_but_not_6.png

The 1.10.1.2.2 works for Debian kernel 5.x but when will Debian 11 (Kernel 6.x) will be supported?

Thanks.

Irwan_Intel

Hi Diesel,

Please let me check and get back to you about the supported drivers version on Debian 11.

Best regards,

Irwan_Intel

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi Diesel,

Upon checking, only kernel 5.x and below supported on the driver version 1.10.1.2.2.

We could install kernel 6.x on Debian 11 but that is using unstable repository while we will only supported on stable releases.

You would probably need to wait for Debian 12 to be supported. Currently, there's no date when updated drivers will be available for that release.

Please feel free to contact us should you need any further assistance, and we will be more than glad to continue assisting you.

Best regards,

Irwan_Intel

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Diesel
Novice

ok

0 Kudos