Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4867 Discussions

Intel I225-V on Asus Z490 with IPv6

Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

Hi Team,

Driver on Windows: 1.0.1.4 (02/04/2020 - Intel)
Firmware: FXVL_15F3_ASUS.bin

I have an issue where sites such as Google, Facebook, and the like struggle to load. Even Intel's own site I couldn't download the drivers until I disabled IPv6. 

When I disable IPv6 the problem clears.

I've tried everything and I'm out of ideas.

Tell me what other information you would need to know? And where/how to retrieve the information you want.

Thanks

Jennifer

0 Kudos
39 Replies
Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

Your name says it all if I'm to be completely honest.

The vendor I bought the board from is happy to RMA it, but I'll be without a board for like 5+ weeks. Which just isn't on.

This "We will revert in 3 days" is a load of rubbish!

0 Kudos
NotImpressed
New Contributor I

I am now past my return period with Amazon unfortunately so my only hope is that Asus will allow me to upgrade my board to a model not using the I225-V.

Maybe it's worth a try for you to ask the same?

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello All,

We sincerely apologize for the delay on this matter. We understand that this is an urgent issue and is causing inconvenience. 

Please be informed that we already escalated this request to our engineering team for further investigation. We are currently waiting for their feedback and give you an update as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

December 3 - We will get back to you within 3 days

December 7 - We will get back to you when we can.

So what is it? Just hope that'll go quietly, not on your life.

THIS NEEDS ESCALATION AND IT NEEDS IT NOW.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jennifer,

I hope you are safe and well!

This is just an update to inform you that this request has been escalated to our higher level. We sincerely apologize for the delay as we are thoroughly checking on this. Please give us more time to look into this. Rest assured that we will update you as soon as there is any findings but not later than 3 business days.

Hoping for your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

You've already had 6 days to investigate.

What do you need to do? Why is this taking so long?

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jennifer,

Good day!

Please be informed that this request was already escalated and we are awaiting for an update from our engineering team. Rest assured that we are constantly monitoring it and get back to you as soon as there is any findings but no later than 2-4 business days.

Hoping for your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

So "we will revert back in no more than 3 days" has now blown out to "maybe within 10".

0 Kudos
Rottmeister
Novice

I just basically contacted local reseller of Asus boards and guess what, this is not seen as a problem and requires expertise from their side although I provided all the necessary information that rev.1 and 2 are in fact defective. Id imagine that Asus would completely rule out any possibility of exchange....

Nice way to screw customers by thousands...

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jennifer,

Good day!

We'd like to inform you that we are still actively working on this issue with our higher level Engineers. We understand your frustration regarding this issue and we are doing our best to sort this out as soon as possible. Rest assured that we will keep you posted and get back to you within 2-4 business days.

Your understanding and patience is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
NotImpressed
New Contributor I

Did you just take all that time just to tell us that?

Caguicla_Intel

Hello Jennifer,

Apologies for the inconvenience on this matter. 

Please be informed that we are still coordinating this issue with our engineers. We will give you an update as soon we heard from them but no later than 2-4 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

‎So here is how many times you've told me "give us 2 - 4 days"

12-04-2020 12:01 AM

12-08-2020 09:02 PM

‎12-14-2020 12:12 AM

‎12-17-2020 11:29 PM

‎12-22-2020 11:36 PM

This now puts us at 20 days without an actual answer beyond "I have escalated and will provide an update in 2-4 days" but every 2 - 4 days, you say 2-4 more days.

I need an answer, because this is fast putting you in breach of Australian Consumer Law.

0 Kudos
Jeneral_Pain
Beginner

Okay Intel, this is getting out of hand.

I shouldn't have to gimp my network card for some basic stability.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Jennifer,

I hope you are having a good day and thank you so much for patiently waiting for out update.

After series of verification, please be advised that the issue you are having (IPV6 and IPV4 instability issues) is a different problem than what is being seen with the other 1225 issues. Thus, we regret to inform you that this may be a defective motherboard, especially as it appears that the problems are increasing.  We recommend that you contact the board manufacturer for replacement.

Our sincere apology for the delay and inconvenience this may have caused.

We are still coordinating with our Engineers and we will provide another update, kindly give us another 3 to 4 working days.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
NotImpressed
New Contributor I

Asus just sent me out a new Z490 E replacement board directly from the factory because I too was having problems with my I225-V Ethernet Controller, please tell me the new replacement will not be faulty too as well...

0 Kudos
NotImpressed
New Contributor I

I would like to add that this will now be my third Z490 E board I've gone through, I'm going to have to ask for compensation of some sort of this one turns out to be faulty too.

0 Kudos
Rottmeister
Novice

Imagine the answer I got from Asus support:

Dear,

There are no problems with connection on the boards after installing the usual drivers. A firmware update is required to improve performance, but the network card should work without it.
If this does not happen, I recommend contacting the trade organization where you purchased the board for its diagnosis.

Kind Regards,
Margarita B
Asus Customer Service**

0 Kudos