Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4957 Discussions

Intel Lan I225-V disconnecting issue

M4tus
Beginner

Hello
I'm having issues with Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V, disconnects randomly. Event ID 27, 1GB, Z690

What i've tried :
Used different cable.
Reinstalled Windows
Installed newest drivers
Installed 1.0.2.14 drivers with NWM 1.45

I225-V worked before, but i've got an update and suddenly it started disconnecting. I've fixed that by reenabling the adapter, but it was temporary and it disconnected again after a while.

I've reinstalled the driver. It's doing the same thing but i no longer have to reenable it, reconnects by itself

With the "PROSet" utility, (with newest drivers, old drivers didn't work), everytime i tried testing something, the adapter or the cable disconnected. Cable test was the only one showing errors. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello M4tus,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using a PCIe I225-V or is it embedded on your board?
  2. What is the brand and model of your board/system?
  3. Please provide the link of your driver.
  4. When did you start having this issue?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello M4tus,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up on the information that we requested for us to further assist you. We will wait for your reply. 

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Maldinium
Beginner

Hello.

I have a similar problem with several built-in I219-V network adapters.

They are used on ASUS motherboards: B150 PRO GAMING, PRIME B360 MC, TUF B360-PLUS GAMING, TUF H310-PLUS GAMING.

They have different chipsets: Intel B150 (Skylake PCH), Intel B360 (Cannon Lake-H), Intel H310 (Cannon Lake-H).

Network driver version is 12.17.8.7.

Now all computers have Windows 10 x64 21H2. Several computers were upgraded to the specified version, and one of them performed a clean installation of the operating system.

When the connection was lost, I found nothing in the Windows logs.

I have a temporary solution in the form of a bat file (But this is only a temporary solution):

@Echo off
:LOOP
cls
ping 192.168.1.1 -n 5
if errorlevel 1 (
echo %Errorlevel%
echo %date% %time% - Network connection restarted >> %SYSTEMDRIVE%\NetworkRestart.log
netsh interface set interface name="Ethernet" DISABLE
timeout /t 1
netsh interface set interface name="Ethernet" ENABLE
) ELSE (
goto LOOP
)
timeout /T 10
goto LOOP

In rare cases, restarting the network adapter does not help because it starts to work poorly: it shows a bad ping with network devices. Delays can be up to 1 second.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello M4tus,

I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Hello Maldinium,

For us to assist you better, please post a new question so that we can get your complete details and issue.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos