Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4899 Discussions

Intel X550 5Gbps auto-negotiation

Jorge_S
Beginner

Hi, We are having some issues with the Intel X550 ethernet network and auto-negotiation of 5 Gbps.

The 4.1.197 driver does not show 5 Gbps in the advanced driver options, but if you select auto-negotiation it works at this speed.

Drivers 4.1.239 and 4.1.246.2 show 5 Gbps in the advanced driver options, but if you select auto-negotiation, it works at 1 Gbps, you must select 5 Gbps manually.

Is it normal or could it be fixed in newer drivers?

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Faez_Intel

Hi Jorge_S,

Good day and thank you for reaching out to Intel Community Support.

The drivers that you are running for the NIC is quite old and we highly recommend that you use our latest drivers to avoid any bugs or software issues. Refer the link below for the latest drivers of the Intel X550:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html

Also, may I know if the NIC card is from an OEM manufacturer? You may provide the picture of the NIC for us to verify if the card is an OEM or not.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos
Jorge_S
Beginner

Hi Faez,

I'm using the latest drivers, from driver pack 28.1.1 I'm getting Windows 10 version 4.1.246.2, it is in:

\PROXGB\Winx64\NDIS68\ixs68x64.inf

There are two Intel X550 on a Asus Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI motherboard and the hardware id is:

VEN_8086&DEV_1563&SUBSYS_87121043

The only solution I found is to install an old driver, version 4.1.197.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hi Jorge_S,

Good day. This is just a follow up on the thread. Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will gladly assist you accordingly.

Best regards,

Faez.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hi Jorge,

Good day. Thank you for the clarification.

Since the NIC is an onboard for an OEM manufacturer, we highly recommend that you check with the OEM support. This is due to the firmware that are released by the OEM are customized to run on those boards and to use their own drivers and firmware instead of using Intel generic driver.

Kindly let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hi Jorge_S,

Good day. This is just a follow up on the thread. Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will gladly assist you accordingly.

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hi Jorge_S,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a follow up to check if you still have questions or clarifications. As for now, we will be closing your thread.

If you want to continue support, please reply to this community thread and we will reopen your case or create a new one so that we can continue to support you.

Thanks,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos