Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4890 Discussions

Intel x540-T2 problem but not x540-T1

CATAHA
Beginner

Good morning members.

I have problem and I'm trying to understand as to why

I bought x520,x530,x540 cards and some do NOT work

x520 works on older OS(Linux and Windows)

x530 DOES NOT work at all

x540-T1 Multiple NICs works beautiful on Win_8.1/10/11 and Linux/Esxi

x540-T2 Multiple NICs DO NOT work on Win10/11(I didn't didn't tested it on Win8) and Linux/Esxi

Multiple motherboards (Lenovo P700 dual Xeon, GIGABYTE MB10 single Xeon and another GIGABYTE i5 samething)

When OS boots_or_booting x540-T1 card shows both lights on and is working on multiple OSs

When x540-T2 is installed card DOES NOT show any lights been on, but card is been recognized by OS(s)/BIOS/PXE and shows that it's working without any problems except for when diag is been runed by intel software it shows problem with cable but not software or hardware

I did exchanged straight-thru cables(7) and 2 crossover cables(same cables work on x540-T1 and other brands of NICs that are either 1/2.5/5/10Gb)

I tried software versions 28~29

I tried different slots on motherboard(s)

I tired different Win/Linux/Esxi OS builds

I tried flashing motherboard(s) BIOS and resetting BIOS to defaults

I tried disabling 1 NIC on x540-T2 NO CHANGES

I tired x540-T2 and x540-T1 at the some time NO CHANGES

Other question

When i install Intel nic soft on older Win_OS or builds of Win10/SRV_2008/Etc i'm able to flash nic with current BIOS via option from intel software(device manager, properties, etc... then flash bios)

When i installed same software on an newer OS those option disappear and only way to keep those cards uptoday is to flash via CMD/shell

What causing for x540-T2 not recognizing cables but not x540-T1

How could that be corrected?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
CATAHA
Beginner
Still no response?
0 Kudos
Dineshbabu
Employee

Hi CATAHA,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Intel Community. Please confirm if you are tried and update latest firmware.

Regards,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
CATAHA
Beginner

via command line?

How to do it via GUI?

instead of installing an OLD windows os and be able to see GUI(easy way)

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi CATAHA,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for your response. Could you please share a snapshot of the defective part with the serial number visible? Additionally, could you provide the current driver version for further assistance?

Please do not hesitate in contact us, we are more than glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
CATAHA
Beginner

Both cards are by deferent manufacture that share x540 chipsets, when i contacted manufactures they send me to download drivers via intel support website

I tried multiple versions of drivers 4.1.228 and 4.1.229

0 Kudos
Varsha11
Employee

Hello Cataha,

Greetings for the day !

Thankyou for the information .

At the moment, we are actively working towards finding an appropriate resolution for your issue, and we will provide you with an update as soon as we can. We kindly request your cooperation during this time.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi CATAHA,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for your response. Could you please confirm whether this product was purchased separately or if it was shipped with the system?

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
CATAHA
Beginner

All those cards been purchased separately (x540-T1, x540-T2, x540-T2)

The reason i wanted to get to the bottom of it because FEW years back i wanted to upgrade my Lan, i bought FEW x540-T1/2 and T2 version cards that never worked, so i end-up scrapping and selling cards to someone else as package deal.

in 2024 i though i would finish my upgrade project and bought again FEW x540-T1/2 card but once again i run into same problem but with different pc's this time around, i also bought other manufacture 10Gb Dual and Single cards that work perfect on same pc's were i tested x540 cards

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi CATAHA,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for your response. Can you please specify which manufacturer you contacted, and could you also share the link that you received from them? This information will help us assist you more effectively.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
CATAHA
Beginner

It's starting to look and sound to me as if you're guys are trying to look for an official excuse oppose to looking through your internal  knowledge database to see what's been reported, who reported, how many times been reported, what environment, and how it's been resolved.

I honestly DID NOT came here to "INTEL Forum" for finger pointing solution trying to figure out who sold it, who i contacted, what did she say, what did he said and etc...

Maybe next time " I " so as many other people who look at this thread will thinking about buying intel product(S) vs other brands.

One thing i would like for Intel employee(S) to take-away from it, is that " I " bought FEW x520,x530,x540 cards before and now, questions of where from, who from, have been answered herein, Yes, there could be a problem with 1 or 2 cards(failed) but consistently producing same results points to one thing "there is problem" 

The END

Intel Employee Please consider this forum thread been closed.

I will be buying my network card (s) from intel competitors from now on, that i know work, been tested by other companies and have been listed as working moreover by me.

Same will apply to CPU and other intel products.

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi CATAHA,

Greetings for the day!

Apologies for the inconvenience. We'd like to clarify that we're unable to identify whether your Ethernet adapter is an OEM or retail version. It seems that there might be confusion because you mentioned different manufacturers. Additionally, the information you provided from the backside of the NIC card is not validated.

It does not have a YottaMark* and BradyID* Stickers

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007074/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-adapters-up-to-2-5gbe.html

The reason why it is important to identify if your adapter is OEM or retail is because OEMs have customized firmware, drivers and software to enable or alter features on his system. For OEM adapters, we would recommend to check with the manufacturer so the Ethernet adapter does not lose features or customizations.

Note: If you still require assistance from our end, please allow us some time to check with our internal team and get back to you with a resolution.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi CATAHA,

Greetings for the day!

Hope you are doing well. As we are unable to validate this card, we recommend that you contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos