Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4922 Discussions

OK, in doing some research, it seems I need the following software for Windows XP:

JSpit2
Beginner

Was speaking with Mike, and he did ask me to contact him if I needed more help, which is what I am now doing..

OK, in doing some research, it seems I need the following software for Windows XP:

Intel82579LM Gigabit Network Connection Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) Driver

Hopefully you can send me that file so I can get my IPv4 working using YOUR Internet hardware and software..

Hopefully you can send me that file so I can get my IPv4 working using YOUR Internet hardware and software..

0 Kudos
49 Replies
JSpit2
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, you CAN do multiple attachments in a single post. You do not need to make a post for every attachment.

Doc

0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
Mr. Hill - just leave me alone!!! I do not need any more of your whatevers!!! Like I said - your FORUM is a DISASTER - which is why no one on it can help anyone - it is for SHOW and nothing else!!!
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I am a customer, just like you. And, as on the forum home page "This is a community forum where members can ask and answer questions about Intel products."

We are offering you help, which you appear to not be able to use. For obsolete and discontinued products, "customers" such as myself, are your only path to a solution, if one exists.

Doc

0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
I do not feel like I am a Customer - because with the way the EULA's of Companies like Intel and Microsoft are worded - they cannot be sued because of their programs not working properly.. So, I feel like I know a little bit more than the IDIOTS that Intel and Microsoft employ these days. I am a retired Marine Master Sergeant - who fought itn two wars for this Country, and I am also an Electronics Design Engineer with 3 US Patents in my name for Equipment Designs of mine .. That does NOT WORK for IDIOT SOFTWARE!!!! The zillions of 1's amd 0's that go thru a processor at lightening speed and get screwed up way more than a software engineer will admit to... I know of NO PATENTS on SOFTWARE PROJECTS other then the original design of it.. That is because it is TOTALLY UN-PREDICTABLE - and these software engineers KNOW THAT!! So there - prove me WRONG - I triple dare you to!!
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

When you can speak coherently, and can ask a proper question, please do so.

In the meantime, read this: https://forums.intel.com/s/community-guidelines

Doc

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello JSpit2,

Please try to follow the steps on this link to remove or uninstall the old driver and then install the last release driver that I provided on my previous post.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005781/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

If you have questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JSpit2
Beginner
I decided to give up on this - I do not have any problems getting stuff over the internet - so I ain't gonna worry about it any more. Thanks for trying to help me - it is appreciated.. Joe
0 Kudos