Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

SFP+ Compatibility with Intel E10G42BFSR X520-SR2.

AMart119
Beginner

Hello I´m working on a project with Dell R630 and C4140 servers that have installed  Intel E10G42BFSR X520-SR2 10 Gb card with two FTLX8571D3BCV-I3 Intel 10Gbps Multi-mode Fiber 300m 850nm LC Connector SFP+ Transceiver Module.

The problem is that I need to interface it with a Huawei Quidway 9300 that has SFP+ 10G-BASE-LR (1310nm).

Is there any list of compatible SFP+ besides this? https://www.intel.es/content/www/es/es/support/articles/000005528/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

Is it possible to use third party SFP+ applying any FW upgrade on the board?

Any help is much appreciated.

Agustin

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Agustin,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

1.) Please be informed that the link that you provided is the only list of Compatible SFP+ Modules, SFP Modules, and Cables for Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X520 Series.

Intel does not recommend to use any third party modules as those modules may or may not work and will be based on your own validation.

Mentioned also on the link given "Other brands of SFP+ optical modules do not work with the Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X520 Series. You must use the listed Intel® SFP+ SR or LR Optics."

2.) If the X520-SR is newly purchased, you may consider contacting your place of purchase and request to swap with X520-DA2 and purchase 2x SFP+LR (E10GSFPLR) module.

We look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AMart119
Beginner

Thanks so much Crisselle for the answer.

Is E10GSFPLR the specific SFP+ LR product code?

If I get this SFP+ and swap them with the current ones, they will work ok with the same PCI card I already own right?

Thanks so much,

Agustin

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Agustin,

Yes, E10GSFPLR is the product code for SFP+ LR.

And for your second question, please allow us to further check on it and we will give you an update within 1-3 business days.

Hoping for your patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AMart119
Beginner

Thanks so much Crisselle!

Look forward hering from you. Just as a side note, the OS where we are going to use this board and SFP+ will be CentOS.

Regards,

Agustin

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Agustin,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

Please see details below for our answer to your inquiry.

1.) Yes, you can use SFP+ LR module on X520-SR2. You may refer to the link you provided on your initial post.

Can I mix different SFP module types and cables on a dual port adapter from the Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X520 Series?

Yes. You can install any mix of supported SFP+ optical modules, SFP modules, or direct attach cables on the same dual port adapter. You can plug any supported module into any port.

2.) You may visit this link for the list of Supported Operating Systems for Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters

https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000025890/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Or thru this link

Supported OS and Compatibility Information for Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapters X520 Series

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007036/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

If you have additional questions and clarifications, please let us know.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Agustin,

We'd like to check if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter. If you do, please let us know and we will be glad to be of help.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AMart119
Beginner

Hello Criselle,

Thanks for the follow up. the only thing that would still be missing is if there are any 3rd party SFP+ that can be use on this board.

Regards,

Agustin

0 Kudos
AMart119
Beginner
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Agustin,

You are welcome.

Unfortunately, the only list of supported SFP+ Modules, SFP Modules, and Cables for Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X520 Series is on the provided link. We won't recommend to purchase 3rd party SFP+ that is not listed on the said link.

Let us know if there is any other questions or assistance needed on this matter.

Awaiting to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Agustin,

By the way, we'd like to double check if you are using OEM or Retail version of X520-SR adapter. Kindly share the markings of the adapter so we can identify if it is retail or OEM. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

Just in case that this is an OEM version, you may need to contact your manufacturer to double check with them if other brands of SFP+ modules are compatible with Intel X520 series adapter.

Awaiting to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Agustin,

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to further assist you on this request.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Agustin,

Good day!

Please be informed that we will now proceed closing this request since we haven't receive any response on our previous follow up. Should you have any other concerns or assistance needed in the future, feel free to post a new question.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AMart119
Beginner
Good Morming Criss, Sorry for the late repply. I cannot get the information you have requested but the feedback given so far has been ok. Please go ahead closing the ticket and in case of assistance Ill re open it. Thanks so much, [Alvaro Agustín Martinez Amezaga]
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Agustin,

Not a problem at all.

We are glad to hear that we were able to help you on this request. Should you have any other concerns in the future, kindly post a new question on the forum link below.

https://forums.intel.com/s/

Have a happy weekend!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos