Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4880 Discussions

WOL issue with I225-V (3)

Scort
Beginner

When configuring WOL on my PC(Z690 with Intel I225-V (3) Ethernet Controller), I encountered a problem.

The link speed during Standby(S3) or Power Off(S5) reduces to 10Mbps, while the 2.5GbE LAN port of my router(ROG GT-AX6000) seems does not support such a low link speed. Thus, the NIC cannot establish connection with my router, and the WOL won't work in this situation.

For my last PC, it had a Realtek 1GbE NIC with an option in settings that can keep full link speed of 1Gbps during S3 even S5.  Is it possible for I225-V?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Scort,

As per further checking with our engineers, we regret to inform you that there is no existing plan to include the said request on our future updates of driver or firmware.

Regarding the "RCR 1308305858" this is a change request number on which we started to implement default link setting to 10Mbps during system boot and S3, S4, S5 to accommodate to Energy Star requirement.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 Replies
AlexKh
Beginner

Dear Scort,

How did you solve this problem?

I have a similar issue with I226 on MSI Z790.

WOL is not working and it is critical for me.

I tested now 3 other PCs at this network place (based Z170, Z87..) with old intel adapters and all of them have working WOL option

0 Kudos
Scort
Beginner

Hi AlexKh,

I bought a 2.5Gbps Switch. lol

Regards

0 Kudos
AlexKh
Beginner

Dear Scort, thanks for the reply.

Do you mean 2.5 Gbps switch can wake your PC?

which model have you bought?

0 Kudos
Scort
Beginner
Dear AlexKh,
Yes, a switch can automatically negotiate the link speed between devices.
The model I bought is TP-Link TL-SH1005. It supports the link speed from 10Mbps to 2.5Gbps.
In this scenario, my i225 still works at 10Mbps in S3/S5 while that of the router side is still 2.5Gbps.

Regards.
0 Kudos