Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4891 Discussions

Wake-on-LAN from Shutdown on i225-V Ethernet Adapter

Calini
Novice

Hi! 

I have been recently having issues trying to use the Wake-on-LAN functionality of my Asus Z690I board that has an Intel i225-V Ethernet Adapter.

Wake-on-LAN still works fine from Sleep and Hybernate states, but not from Shutdown.

- I have all the BIOS, Windows, and Ethernet drivers updated to the latest version using: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html

- My settings have not changed from 3 months ago when this was fully functional, so I assume a Windows / Driver update has disabled it.
- My settings seem to be fine:

* In Device Manager > Network adapters > Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V > Properties > Advanced: 'Wake on Magic Packet', 'Wake on Magic Packet from S5' and 'Wake on Pattern Match' are all Enabled.

* In Network Connections > Ethernet > Configure > Power  Management > Both 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' and 'Allow this device to wake the computer' are enabled.

What can I check next to fix this? Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Calini,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Since you are using Asus Z690I board, is the 1225-V prebuilt.

If it prebuilt - any software drivers must be updated from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (ASUS).

Since the OEM may have different configurations, and version for the drivers or BIOS. Not using the OEM drivers update may cause some issues.

In this case, it is best to contact the OEM for further updates.

You can also use this link to find the updates from ASUS:

https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/

Kindly let us know if you have any questions.

Else if none, we will proceed for the case closure. Kindly confirm for the case closure.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Calini
Novice
Hi, it is not a pre-built system, I built it myself. Indeed I have the latest driver updates straight from ASUS, I will be posting the same question on ASUS’ forum, cheers!
0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Calini,

Since its not prebuilt - can you confirm that I225-V is bought separately?

Thank you.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Calini
Novice
Oh, I see now what you meant by prebuilt. The Asus motherboard comes with the Intel Ethernet card on board!
I will be contacting the Asus forum about this issue as well
0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Calini,

Since you need to check this issue with the OEM (ASUS). We will proceed to close the thread.

Kindly open a new thread if you have further questions.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos