Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4939 Discussions

Woke On Lan with Intel(R) I211. After shutdown, only works for one day

Volkmarius
Beginner

Hey,

I have the Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Ethernet Network Connection. I managed to implement Wake On Lan when the PC is shut down. When I try to restart it one day later (using Makik Packet Programs) , it works without a problem. When I try to repeat that two days later it doesn't work any more.

In the BIOs, the WOL-option is activated. Also I have the latest intel network driver. The LED on the Ethernet Connection of my PC are always blinking, even when the PC is off.

Nevertheless it seems, that after more than one day, the PC connected to the LAN is not active in the Router-configuration. It is not listed any more among the active participants, even tough I tried to configure to not slow down the connection rate in intel proset adapter configuration utility.

What am I missing?

I'd be grateful for some help!

Thank you in advance and best regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pintu
Employee

Hi Volkmarius,

Greetings for the day!

As per the case, please help with the below steps to proceed further.

1. Can you provide details about your computer's hardware configuration, including the motherboard model and version?

2. What operating system are you using, and is it up-to-date with the latest updates and patches?

3. Have you made any recent changes to your hardware or software configuration that might have affected WOL functionality?

4. Can you describe in detail what happens when you attempt to use Wake On LAN after the system has been shut down for more than a day?

5. Are there any error messages or indicators that suggest why WOL stops working after this time period?

6. Are there any specific network configurations or restrictions that might be relevant to Wake On LAN functionality?

7. Do you have other devices on the same network that use Wake-On-LAN? If so, do they experience similar issues?

8. Have you checked the power management settings for the Intel (R) I211 network adapter to ensure they are configured correctly for Wake On LAN?

9. How consistently does the issue occur? Is it reproducible every time you attempt to use Wake On LAN after a day of shutdown?

10. Is there any other information or observations you can provide that might help diagnose the issue more accurately?

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Best Regards,

Manoranjan.

0 Kudos
Volkmarius
Beginner

Hey Manoranjan,

thank your for your answer:

in the attachments you can find the full specification of the hardware and the Adapter model information:

The ethernet connection is located on a network card that is connected on the PCI-Port (Information in Attachment 2).

Description of your Wake on LAN implementation method: Configuration in BIOS and Network Adapter. A standalone PC is connected via Ethernet to the router. It works fine, after one day passes, then it cannot restart.

Do you need to know something more?

Tank you in advance & BR

1. Can you provide details about your computer's hardware configuration, including the motherboard model and version? Please see in the attachments

2. What operating system are you using, and is it up-to-date with the latest updates and patches? Windows 10 and yes fully updated

3. Have you made any recent changes to your hardware or software configuration that might have affected WOL functionality? No

4. Can you describe in detail what happens when you attempt to use Wake On LAN after the system has been shut down for more than a day? I send a Magik Packet with three programms. Normally each one works. After one day, they don't.

5. Are there any error messages or indicators that suggest why WOL stops working after this time period?
Only that the PC is not listed any more in the active network participants on my router User Interface ....

6. Are there any specific network configurations or restrictions that might be relevant to Wake On LAN functionality?

I guess not.

7. Do you have other devices on the same network that use Wake-On-LAN? If so, do they experience similar issues?

No

8. Have you checked the power management settings for the Intel (R) I211 network adapter to ensure they are configured correctly for Wake On LAN? I hope so. I am using Intel Pro Set Adapter program, where I adapted everything to my needs. Maybe I missed some hidden option?

9. How consistently does the issue occur? Is it reproducible every time you attempt to use Wake On LAN after a day of shutdown?
It is reproductible. If I shut down the PC without using it for two days, it won't respond a WOL-request.

10. Is there any other information or observations you can provide that might help diagnose the issue more accurately?
I already asked the router support. They looked up the data and reported, that it should come from the hardware!

Thanks and BR

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hi Volkmarius,

Greetings for the day!

As per this case, we already found one of the of the same cases you logged in the web portal, and hence we are clogging this case as a duplicate.

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Best Regards,

Manoranjan.

0 Kudos