Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5116 Discussions

X710-T2L OCP F/W Displaying version problem.

BrilliantTomato
Beginner

i'm using X710-T2L and X710-T2L OCP NIC to 50 hosts.

Recently, I tried to update the firmware. (8.70 to 9.01)

All X710-T2L Completed on first attempt. 

but, 80-90% X710-T2L OCP Failed on first attempt.

I tried until I successful. Most of them succeeded, but 3-4 X710-T2L OCP is entered RECOVERY Mode. i tried RECOVERY using 9.01 F/W, it is successful.

Updated X710-T2L OCP F/W Version is displayed on 1.3179.0 but recovered X710-T2L OCP F/W Version is 1.3256.0. what is difference?

i'm trying re-update using "-f" option, but displaying version is same. (1.3256.0)

i tried downgrade to 8.40, and update to 9.01 is version displayed 1.3179.0

i don't understand this situation. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello BrilliantTomato,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Can you send photos of the card on both sides for us to check if the card is not an OEM unit?
  2. Can you provide the link of the NVM file update the use?
  3. Did you try to install the cards on a different system to check the firmware version? If yes, what is the version displayed?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello BrilliantTomato,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up on the information that we requested for us to further assist you. We will wait for your reply. 

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello BrilliantTomato,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos