Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4929 Discussions

XL710-DA2 PCIe width is only x1 in an x2 slot.

specter
Beginner

I very recently bought two XL710-DA2 network cards, as I was using X520s, but was not achieving 10Gbps, as I only have an x2 slot available for them. Looking at the bandwidth, upgrading to PCIe Gen3 cards with x2 would give me enough bandwidth to achieve 10Gbps speeds. Unfortunately, after installing them, I see that even though are are in an x2 width slot, the cards are only linking at x1, again, limiting me to far below my desired 10Gbps between my storage servers.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 174013.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi Specter,

Greeting for the Day!

Hope you are doing well, Regarding your request, could you please provide a snapshot of the defective part with the serial number visible? Additionally, could you also share specific details about the switch you are using? This information will help us better understand the situation and provide you with appropriate assistance. Thank you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us; we are more than glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi specter,

Greetings for the Day!

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided. Please reply to confirm, so we can continue helping on a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi specter,

Greetings for the Day!

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided. Please reply to confirm, so we can continue helping on a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hello specter,

Hope you are doing well

Please do not hesitate in contact us, we are more than glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos