Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

driver bug for X540 VF in ESXI(6.7.0 update 3) windows server 2019 build 1809

billwei
Beginner

After install newest driver 27.4 file name Wired_driver_27.4_x64.zip windows report cable unplug.

If install oldest version 23.5 file name prowinx64.exe then everything is fine.

Also tested version 27.0 with file name Wired_driver_27.0_x64.zip also have same problem.

No time to test other version.

Please do check and solve the problem.

Really can't believe such bug exist.

I also find post on internet seems some other guy have similar problem under windows 10.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello billwei,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Can you provide a screenshot of the issue?
  2. Are you using a PCIe network card or onboard?
  3. Please provide the brand and model of your board/system?
  4. Kindly provide the link of your latest driver.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello billwei,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a follow up on the information that we requested for us to further check this issue.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
billwei
Beginner

2.pcie network card x540.jpg

HP 561FLR-T

3. computer is HUAWEI 1288V3 2 cpu E5-2696V3. ESXI version 6.7.0 UPDATE 3, windows server 2019 build 1809

4. https://downloadmirror.intel.com/739881/Wired_driver_27.6_x64.zip

0 Kudos
billwei
Beginner

see below screen shot, driver version 2.0.210.0 just work fine.

x540-1.jpg

0 Kudos
billwei
Beginner
0 Kudos
billwei
Beginner

sorry for mistake above regarding computer.

I have two computers, one HUAWEI 1288v3 with onboard chip X540 and one computer with mainboad X10DAi  plug with PCIE card, the card is HP 561FLR-T.

All above two computers have same problem that is driver 23.5 works fine while driver 27.6 have the problem of cable unplugged.

0 Kudos
billwei
Beginner

x540-3.jpg

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello billwei,

Thank you for the quick reply. Please provide more details for us to check this issue:

1. Please provide photos of your network card on both sides focusing on all of the markings for us to validate the card.
  2. Kindly help generate the ssu logs of your system. Please download the utility below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?wapkw=ssu

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
billwei
Beginner

O1CN01Jy3TEv1rJQZVJrecV_!!1127195610.png

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello billwei,

Thank you for sending the photo of the card. Upon checking the network card, we found out that this is an OEM unit from HP. That may also be the reason why our drivers is having some issue with the unit. For further assistance, please contact HP. They may have custom driver, firmware and software to enable the full feature of the unit.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
billwei
Beginner

do you really read my all my post carefully?

I have two computers, one HUAWEI 1288v3 with onboard chip X540 and one computer with mainboad X10DAi  plug with PCIE card, the card is HP 561FLR-T.

All above two computers have same problem that is driver 23.5 works fine while driver 27.6 have the problem of cable unplugged.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello billwei,

Thank you for the clarification. Onboard network card is also considered as an OEM. However, let me further check this issue further. Please give us 2 to 3 working days to provide an update.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello billwei,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our update. Upon checking for your second x540 is LOM. Unfortunately, we have limited support for 3rd party adapter card (HP) and LAN on Motherboard controller. We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with HP adapter and HUAWEI 1288v3 (LOM). For OEM and on-board Ethernet controller, it would still be best if you get in touch with 3rd party manufacturers (HP and Huawei) for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you do not lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
billwei
Beginner

Michael, 

Why you can't just do the test from your side?

Or is that possible you can mail one real intel X540 card to me and I will do the test.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello billwei,

I need to check if this request is possible. Please give us 2 to 3 working days to provide an update.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello billwei,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting for our update. We would like inform you that we do not have issues encountered using our drivers on our Intel X540 controllers and Ethernet adapters. Also, upon checking the HP manufacturer site . Their adapter does not support or validated on Windows 2019. This is the reason why it is recommended to contact them so they will be the ones to provide assistance to customer and same goes with Huawei.

Document - HPE Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 561FLR-T Adapter - Overview | HPE Support

Huawei RH1288 V3 Support Guide, Manuals & PDF – Huawei

Please contact the system or OEM manufacturers as they are still the best source of support.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello billwei,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just checking if you are now talking to the OEM manufacturer of your system regarding this issue that you encounter.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello billwei,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up to check and hoping that you are now talking to the OEM regarding the issue. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos