Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4932 Discussions

i219-v with EdgeX = Unstable Win10

BPend
Beginner

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeRouter/EdgeX-router-freezes-my-computer/td-p/2600599/highlight/false

This appears to be a intel driver related issue in Windows, Its making my computer very unstable, I tried all driver versions and until I introduce the EdgeX SFP into my network I had this issue, but only on Windows with the intel adapter, my linux and mac machines are fine. Any and all help would be great, I am seeing a huge DPC spike on ndis.sys on even small http requests but its random and not consistent. However it renders my system inoperable until I unplug my ethernet and plug it back in; I've tried new cables, new mobo (rma thinking it was an asus issue), this is a z370-e gaming. If you read inside the other forums it appears to be sending dup awk requests. However even resetting the network stack is not solving anything.

0 Kudos
28 Replies
BPend
Beginner

Beta OS does not cause same issues on my nic, again however this issue only happened on this win 10 nic.

Checksum offload RX TX on

tso check on

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Bpend, Thank you for the update. We want to compare the checksum offload and segmentation settings to the settings in Windows 10 from the SSU log. The beta OS from UBNT is firmware running on router, correct? You are still running Windows 10 on the z370-E, but you haven't experienced the same problem after using the beta? Will check on the settings we have from SSU in the meantime. Let us know if anything else comes up. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
BPend
Beginner

The betaOS refers to the firmware on my router correct. I am still running same setup and no issues after upgrading to firmware. So far so good, others noted the same resolution.

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Bpend, Thank you for the update. We will continue to look into this issue. Has UBNT given any explanation to the betaOS resolving the issue? Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Bpend, Let us know if you still need assistance with this issue, as it seems the betaOS from UBNT resolved the issue. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
MWill51
Beginner

Hi Everyone,

I'm glad that I finally found this thread! I was also able to solve this very same issue after months of failed troubleshooting.

Here's my Tom's Hardware thread/Journal of what I went through - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/newish-pc-build-chrome-freezing.3451954/page-2#post-21280989

I'm 1-day free of lockups, but I've never been so confident that the problem is finally gone and it seems like the resolution to the problem is to upgrade your EdgeRouter X's firmware from v1.x.x.x to v2.x.x if you're experiencing this issue.

0 Kudos
BPend
Beginner

I've had some random lock ups even on 2.x.x but i was on .3 and just upgraded to latest. Ive done far less on my win10 machine in a while so hoping this new firmware fixed it. Thanks for the update!

0 Kudos
MWill51
Beginner

Yeah, I went right to v2.0.6 when I did this about 2 weeks ago and I've been lockup free ever since.

0 Kudos