Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4918 Discussions

igb, ixgbe: kcompat-generator.sh script fails if kernel build dir isn't same as kernel source dir

NiTr0
Beginner

I have linux kernel built in separate directory (make oldconfig O=<kernel build dir>). when I try to build igb/ixgbe driver using builddir as KSRC - kcompat-generator fails to find includes in builddir (they are placed in source/include/...., not include/...); when I try to specify source dir as KSRC - it fails to find config.

I need to patch kcompat-generator.sh to look in source/include/... directory for includes.

maybe it'll be good to check source/includes dir for headers, and add 'source/' prefix if includes are in source/include?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi NiTr0,

Thank you for reaching out to the Intel Community.

I regret to inform you that you've contacted the Intel Server Support Team, specializing in hardware assistance. Since your query pertains to scripting, I recommend reaching out to your OS level team for further assistance.

If you have any other hardware-related inquiries in the future, feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Salman

0 Kudos
NiTr0
Beginner

Trouble is related to linux network adapter drivers - driver buiding was broken after switching to kcompat-generator.sh instead of kernel version checking when kernel is built in separate directory.

I tried to register in e1000 mailing list - I've got confirmation message, clicked 'confirm' button and then nothing is happened. I tried twice.

0 Kudos
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hi NiTr0,

Thank you for reaching out to the Intel Community.

To better assist you, could you please confirm a few details regarding your query:

1. Server model
  2. Purpose of the package you are attempting to update

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue more effectively and provide you with the necessary support.

If you have any other hardware-related inquiries in the future, feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Simon

0 Kudos
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hi NiTr0

Good Day!

I am writing to follow up on our previous correspondence, As I haven't received a response yet, I wanted to touch base and see if there are any updates or if there is any additional information you require from my end.

I understand that you may be busy, and I appreciate your time and attention to this matter. If there's anything I can do to assist you further or if you need any clarification, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you and best regards,

Simon

0 Kudos
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hello NiTr0 ,

Greetings for the day!

We would like to inform you that we are closing this request as no response has been received from our previous follow-ups. 

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future. Feel free to start a new conversation, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos